Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Anyone have an Eberlstock X2? Is is Waterproof?

About every 10 years or so I breakdown and buy a new pack. LOL I looked at Bass Pro and all they had was the Red Head stuff. Sportsmans had a better selection (all made in China) and the closest thing I saw that had what I was looking for was the Made In Vietnam X2.

I have been using a Boyds but it isn't waterproof and although it is still ok I want to get a new day pack.

This will eventually probably will get skeletonized and trimmed down to get attached to my metal external frame pack but I'm still on the hunt for a pack.

Ideally the pack will have two long side pockets large enough to hold a liter bottle of water, have an exterior accessible pocket of at least 5"x8", weigh 2-3 pounds empty, be under 3200 cu", be camo, quiet and MOLLE.

Yeah I know, dream on. Any of the Archery Places around Metro Phoenix have packs?

I use a horn hunter main beam. It fits your criteria. I use it as a day pack during scouting. but during hunting season I strap it to a cabelas Alaskan frame with an eberlystock scabbard.

This probably isn't what you want but, I make my own "fanny packs" out of old blue jeans and belts. You can customize what ever you want. It's far from pretty and camo but it works very good.

I picked up an X-2 last year. I believe it is waterproof, it looks it, however I haven't had it out in the rain.

I have an X2 that is perfect for me. It isn't quite as large as you specify. Try one on at Santana or other outdoor store. I spray it with Atsko brand Silicone Water-Guard every year. I use the same product on my Kelty tent rainfly and on the tent itself. It does a good job. I also carry a large black garbage bag in my X2 just in case I am in an all day rain situation. This doesn't happen very often. The silicone spray can be found at Walmart. I spray it on virtually everything I use in the outdoors that is made of any kind of fabric. This includes outer shells, cordura gun cases, camp chairs etc. It makes clean up at the end of the season very easy as stains including blood don't seem to penetrate the fabric. I even use it on my down jacket and vest after washing.

I have not found anyone making a waterproof backpack. Many are water repellent due to a finish like azm just mentioned. This is why almost every single mfg sells a cover for you pack that is water proof. I believe there are a few reasons not to have it be water proofthe biggest is it helps I'd things breath otherwise your stuff can get real warm and rank after awhile. The new e-vent and goretex are pretty good and do breathe more than the old plastic bag stuff but are crazy expensive to the point where it would probably almost double the cost of your pack like the $300-$500 jackets that use it.

This probably isn't what you want but, I make my own "fanny packs" out of old blue jeans and belts. You can customize what ever you want. It's far from pretty and camo but it works very good.

You have to post a picture!!!

okay what do I know? I looked at this pack and several reviews to decide on a pack for bowhunting and never saw anything about it being waterproof. I just read another review and verified on the Eberle site that it comes in two materials and the NT7 Microfleece is indeed waterproof.

So if you order one make sure you get the NT7 option if you want it to be waterproof.

sorry for my previous misinformation....