Scooter

Situational Awareness... Feeling like a Jackwagon.

Just because its legal doesn't mean its morally right.

+1 to that comment.

It's the responsibility of any individual who understand the worth of fur to attempt to educate those who do not. Whether or not they listen is their own business.

General acceptance of moral grandstanding all depends on the topic at hand. If I made a post about shooting a mule deer with an under-calibered rifle I'd get chewed out by the masses on this forum, but someone who wastes a natural resource like fur just for the thrill of the kill is given a free pass all because 'it's legal'.

I'm not interested in the monetary value of the fur- I thought I made that very clear. I am not just "killing animals" for any type of thrill (although calling and shooting predators is pretty exciting) I wasn't looking for advice when I originally posted this, nor did I ever ask anyone what they thought about people who harvest Furbearers in what is considered "not prime" seasons. If we're going forward with opinions here- I think it much more "moral" and sporting to harvest animals that are free running and not attached to a leg-trap, snare or confined in a cage trap of some sort... Trappers seem to be the most bent-out-of-shape about the AZGFD August 1st Predator/Furbearer opening. Don't you go thinking for one minute that what you do to these animals is any more "moral" or "right" than harvesting one in an early season. You use bait, catch an animal in a trap, and it dies tethered to the trap or you dispatch it when it has no chance of getting away. From the time the animal is first caught in the trap to the time it dies, it suffers greatly. Doesn't bother me one bit. I think trapping is awesome and traditional. If I had the cash and the time I'd be a trapper too. If that's what you do, and it's legal, have a great time in the outdoors doing it! That's your thing and I am not somebody who will criticize your methods. So don't criticize mine. If I want a summer fox to skin out and have for my own trophy room- I certainly don't consider that a waste of an animal at all. The fur is being used and that's the bottom line. The funny thing is... I didn't even shoot any foxes and you "prime fur" guys are all up in arms over the thought of it.

...and what exactly is an under-calibered rifle for mule deer??? Dead is dead- no matter how big of a hole it took to kill it.

Agreed, great post Scooter.

• Like 2

Looks like it's about time to ban Chris Darnell again...alias The Rifleman, CHD, Whiskey Man (from AZOD)

• Like 2

Just because its legal doesn't mean its morally right.

+1 to that comment.

It's the responsibility of any individual who understand the worth of fur to attempt to educate those who do not. Whether or not they listen is their own business.

General acceptance of moral grandstanding all depends on the topic at hand. If I made a post about shooting a mule deer with an under-calibered rifle I'd get chewed out by the masses on this forum, but someone who wastes a natural resource like fur just for the thrill of the kill is given a free pass all because 'it's legal'.

What your doing is legal - I apologize for critizing your hunting activities... But when you go get mariied to one of ur same sexed hunting pals - PLEASE POST IT ON HERE SO WE CAN HAVE A GOOD LAUGH! :D

this is the crap that doesn't need to be on here..... and pretty sure you know that mr. high and mighty!

get off your soap box.......... look in the mirror to see the JACKWAGGON!

have fun with your vibrafinger!

on another note how about taking out some of the coyotes that feast heavily on the fawns??? I'm sure the survival rate goes up when you take out some of the killers! how about in some of the antelope areas where the survival of fawns is very low to none?? what time of year do the drop??. coyotes can have upwards of 12 pups... if deer and antelope were like that it may be different

you could shoot coyotes every day and still not make a dent! cats may be a different story...... but there is no limit on how many trappers or hunters can take probably cause there is no way to estimate the population.

SUPPORT YOUR FELLOW HUNTERS,

CAUSE 1 DAY YOU MAY NEED THEIR SUPPORT!

James

• Like 3

What your doing is legal - I apologize for critizing your hunting activities... But when you go get mariied to one of ur same sexed hunting pals - PLEASE POST IT ON HERE SO WE CAN HAVE A GOOD LAUGH! :D

Okay, I'm your huckleberry... when you get at least a D+ in an accredited elementary school spelling class- please post a picture of the report card here so we can all applaud. :D

Rifleman, previously I asked you politely and respectfully to stop with the nonsense, and you have very rudely refused. Now I have to delete my post and I'm actually and seriously considering leaving CWT.com because the type of garbage you choose to bestow upon the readers is somehow acceptable to the moderators...

• Like 1

Okay, I'm your huckleberry... when you get at least a D+ in an accredited elementary school spelling class- please post a picture of the report card here so we can all applaud. :D

Rifleman, previously I asked you politely and respectfully to stop with the nonsense, and you have very rudely refused. Now I have to delete my post and I'm actually and seriously considering leaving CWT.com because the type of garbage you choose to bestow upon the readers is somehow acceptable to the moderators...

don't leave this awesome site because of 1 lame poster!

just put him on your ignore list.... what would be classic if everyone did! LOL!

the funny part is he's like a train wreck... I can't stop watching to see what stupid thing he posts next!

he's a my way is the only right way type..... LAME!

James

• Like 1

If I don't get an acceptable response from the admins, I will leave CWT.com and the sticker comes off of the truck in a heartbeat. Mark my words. There's no reason for Rilfeman's nonsense, especially after I asked that he stop. I don't mind taking criticism from respectful posters like hyperwrx and twowindy... they actually bring up valid issues and make me think about my position on any given topic. It's the dudes like Rifleman that are allowed to spew disrespectful and ridiculous words that family readers on here would all like to see eliminated from the site.

• Like 2

If I don't get an acceptable response from the admins, I will leave CWT.com and the sticker comes off of the truck in a heartbeat. Mark my words. There's no reason for Rilfeman's nonsense, especially after I asked that he stop. I don't mind taking criticism from respectful posters like hyperwrx and twowindy... they actually bring up valid issues and make me think about my position on any given topic. It's the dudes like Rifleman that are allowed to spew disrespectful and ridiculous words that family readers on here would all like to see eliminated from the site.

Just report his posts, it will motify the moderators.

I just deleted Riflemans posts. I hadnt read any before now, nor had I received any "notifications" but after Chef emailed me a note, I just read through and determined that there is absolutely no value in what Rifleman posted, jumping on someone as he did. I may be out of line, but my call was to delete the posts. Allen Taylor........

• Like 4

...and what exactly is an under-calibered rifle for mule deer??? Dead is dead- no matter how big of a hole it took to kill it.

AZG&F thinks differently. I think they are more concerned with how SMALL of a hole it took to kill it.

If I want a summer fox to skin out and have for my own trophy room- I certainly don't consider that a waste of an animal at all.

I don't consider that a waste of fur. It serves a logical purpose.

If we're going forward with opinions here- I think it much more "moral" and sporting to harvest animals that are free running and not attached to a leg-trap, snare or confined in a cage trap of some sort... Trappers seem to be the most bent-out-of-shape about the AZGFD August 1st Predator/Furbearer opening. Don't you go thinking for one minute that what you do to these animals is any more "moral" or "right" than harvesting one in an early season. You use bait, catch an animal in a trap, and it dies tethered to the trap or you dispatch it when it has no chance of getting away. From the time the animal is first caught in the trap to the time it dies, it suffers greatly.

The trapper takes exception to the taking of unprime fur in part because it is a waste of a natural resource. It's throwing away money that could provide someone with an income to feed a family. It's not a hard concept to understand. The vast majority of summer predator hunters do not save save the pelts for a home decoration as you mentioned. They get tossed in the weeds where they are wasted. That is a travesty which I will always voice my opinion on. That you'd skin and keep a pelt as a trophy is just fine with me.

One of the main purposes of AZ Predator Callers (the oldest predator calling club in the Southwest) is to educate predator hunters that they are hunting a renewable resource that ought to put money in their pocket.

On a side note- There is nothing wrong with spirited discussion of controversial topics. There are always those who can not participate because they haven't the ability to post without insulting and demeaning people. Oh well.

• Like 2

Get rid of this negative clown. Each person hunts their own way, it's America. As long as its done legally who are you to chime in with your comments, about what YOU feel is right or wrong. Personally no one gives to s$&$&s about what you think. Scooter I have always enjoyed your post and hope you don't leave cause of this mindless clown. How many post can rifleman destroy.......... Before he gets the boot.

• Like 4

A deer killer is a deer killer regardless of what the fur quality is.

• Like 2

JLW,its true there is no limit on trapping bobcats but the G+F do keep records on how many are taken by trappers.All trappers have to file a report on how many predators were taken,Predator callers dont have to report any animals taken. I agree it would be hard to hurt the coyote population but I think fox and bobcats are diferent story.Just look at what happend to the kit fox you rairly see one any more.

Hey Scooter,

As has been mentioned, whenever you see a post you think is inappropriate, please use the "report" text link that is found in the bottom of every post. As Coueshunter stated we don't read every post and so the best way to bring it to a moderators attention is to report it. I didn't see what rifleman posted since it was deleted before I got back from Mt Graham today (where I don't have internet service), but I am sure Coueshunter took appropriate action deleting the post.

I must say Scooter it looks like you handled the situation very well and I appreciate that! Sorry it took so long for us to notice there was a problem.

I encourage everyone to use the report button if you see a thread getting out of control and that way the problem can be dealt with quicker. Rifleman is gone (banned), but there will always be a negative person who whips people up. So please help us keep this site clean and respectful by letting moderators know when there is a problem.

Amanda

• Like 5

We should throw a pizza party or something.... just sayin

In all seriousness... this is an awesome site with great admin. I think justice was served.

• Like 5