crotalus

Kifaru vs. Badlands Pack

Sorry if this is a repeat of a previous posting but I'm trying to decide between a Kifaru Spike Camp w/cargo chair and a Bandlands 2200 or 2800 pack. Both appear to be comparable but the price difference is ~$200 more for the Kifaru. They'll be used to pack for the up coming deer season. Any opinions would be apprecited. Thanx in advance.

Ernest

I have always use Badlands, But you will not go wrong with either one they are both great pack makers. It all depends on the one that fits your frame and build the best. And what one has the options you like.

I also have the 2800 and love it. You can carry a ton of weight all day with no problem. I even ripped it last year while it was riding on the back of my quad. I sent it back and then fixed it with no questions asked. David

I have an old 2800. It is good enough for any one day or even over night hunts. Kifarus I think just by looking at Scott Adam's are good for at least a few days of backpack hunting. If you do day hunts you should be able to get away with the Badlands just fine. I guess it boils down to what you need it for.

Bret M.

I have a badlands 2200 and it's comfortable, but I find I often wish it was a bit larger so it would be easier to stuff like bulky jackets in when you get hot. So I would go with the 2800 if you go with badlands.

Amanda

I agree with Amanda about stepping up in size. My 2000 cid was always crammed. You can always use the compression straps on the larger pack if not completely loaded.

I think the Kifaru Late season would be a great, quality pack choice, coupled with the cargo chair to haul out that coues. If your gonna pack in overnight, the Siwash would be good with light, compact camping gear. The front panel loading on the Siwash allows easier access to your stuff than a top loader.

The Blacks Creek Alaskan Hunter, available at Sportsmans, is another consideration.

Eberlestock J105? Adjustable suspension and expands to fit in your coues.

Doug~RR

Badlands and Kifaru are both great choices, I have both brands, but don't over look the Eberlestock Just One. It's my new favorite.

I have a badlands 2200 and it's comfortable, but I find I often wish it was a bit larger so it would be easier to stuff like bulky jackets in when you get hot. So I would go with the 2800 if you go with badlands.

Amanda

I agree with Amanda, the 2200 has been the most comfortable I've worn, but it is hard to fit stuff inside it and the side pockets drive me NUTS, I can barely fit my GPS in them. I have raved about my 2200 till now.......the last two hunts i just came off of, my 2200 sucked! Both zippers for the big compartment, front and back, got jammed up! I tried to "baby" them when I noticed the problem, but they eventually got "mis-aligned" and won't close now. I had to have my dad bring up another pack for me to use! I think it was because of all the dust, my pack got real dusty up north and was the only thing out of the norm. My dad did just buy the Eberlestock pack and it is still in the plastic bag...............I'm gonna make it disappear! :ph34r: JIM>

Hey Jim, and everyone else, if your zippers become jammed up and dusty I was told to put dish soap on them and it will fix 'em right up. I have not tried it but it seems like a good idea.

Sigh... so many opinions and all on the mark. Thanx all. Man it's hard to decide. I chose the BL2200 and I really like it but I sure wish I could have seen the Eberlestock Just One. The BL2200 is a super pack and all but I'm worried about the dust and space. May have to take it back( it's not used, still hanging on my chair) and buy the Eberlestock Just One :wacko: Better yet maybe I can convince my wife I need two $$$ packs. Thanx again for all yer input.

Ernest

I just brought home my Eberlestock Just One pack! This thing is Freakin' Awesome! The pockets are perfect for everything you'd need, tripod, scope, etc. I am sending my BL2200 in to get replaced then I will sell it. The 2200 is a great pack, I'm not knocking it, just doesn't work for me and my huntin' style! ;) JIM>

Okay, I "pulled the pin" on the BL2200. Took it back, un-used, brand new and exchanged it for a Just One 104. Absolutely no buyers remorse on this bad boy. Stanley I agree... "Just One" from now on ;)