Sign in to follow this  
dzell

6b bear

After hunting the lower elevations of the unit the first two days of the hunt and not seeing anything. I decided to go and hunt in the oaks instead I got a later start that morning than I wanted but I drove up anyway. I finally got to the spot I wanted to hunt and walked out on a ridge and started glassing. I pulled my eyes out of my binos and looked down below and saw an odd shape so I looked at it threw my 15s and decided it must be a dead bear because of the odd amount of flies that was swarming the carcass about that time it thrashed its head at all the flies. Then I got excited and got my rangefinder out and struggled to get a range do to the over excited shakes. Finally I got it ranged at 292 so I grabbed my rifle and started trying to find a rest. I ended up using my tripod and my pack. Still I was very unsteady a short while later I calmed my nerves and made the shot. The bear jumped up and ran straight toward me disappearing in a draw. I went and emptied my pack then made my way down to where the bear was bedded. I found blood and about twenty yards away was my bear covered in bees not flies.post-3802-0-41770400-1376503016_thumb.jpgpost-3802-0-05093100-1376503552_thumb.jpgpost-3802-0-82005300-1376503657_thumb.jpg

Great Job! It looks like it has some long hair, should make a really nice mount.

Adam

Excellent bear! Congrats ! Bees ! Yikes!

Az