rackemup

lions without a dog...can it be done?

A buddy of mine set up to do some calling and got almost run over by a lion. Shot it with a pistol at VERY close range. I know he posted the story here a few years back.

Thanks for the input guys...what are some of the basic calls I should looking into? I have never done any predator hunting so this is all completely new to me...

Yep... find where they are and glass and call.

I called mine into about 15 yards, scared me stiff! There is a lot of luck involved just like all hunting. If you work at it you will increase your odds. I have only seen 3 in my lifetime all by accident other than the one I called in.

Good luck!

TJ must have a pocket full of catnip.[/quote

I didn't even recognize that strapling young UV-tanned man in TJ's first lion kill photo. I think that is photoshopped. However, the next two lion kill shots are really TJ.

Anyways, if you start calling for bear, you will likely call in some lions. I have around a dozen called lions, but only tagged two. I find them in big canyons with lots of ridges running into them.

Kidso is the man when it comes to bears and lions, and TJ has taken more lions than most of us will ever see in the field.

I didn't even recognize that strapling young UV-tanned man in TJ's first lion kill photo. I think that is photoshopped. However, the next two lion kill shots are really TJ.

Anyways, if you start calling for bear, you will likely call in some lions. I have around a dozen called lions, but only tagged two. I find them in big canyons with lots of ridges running into them.

First pic could be the centerfold for Lion Hunter magazine! LOL

• Like 1

First pic could be the centerfold for Lion Hunter magazine! LOL

That's some pretty funny stuff right there. :lol: :lol:

TJ

Even if you don't call in a Lion you will most likely call in some yotes or a bobcat! Sounds like fun to me!

• Like 1

Thanks for the input guys...what are some of the basic calls I should looking into? I have never done any predator hunting so this is all completely new to me...

Everyone needs a jackrabbit/cottontail call or three. Fawn in distress calls would also be pretty good.

• Like 1

Might have better luck though if you didn't call much and spent time looking for good sign and doing some glassing

I agree with getting into good lion country find the sign narrow down where the cat is glass all area and.if youre lucky you might catch the cat moving ive glassed up only two but have caught more with hounds good luck