Sign in to follow this  
6ANut

Work smarter not harder

Please older guys ask for help. My dad fell off the ladder yesterday while trying to pick apples, like he did when he was 30. Three cracked ribs, lump on his head and sprained ankle. Getting old is a fact of life becoming stubborn while getting older can get you killed.

• Like 5

New update 9 cracked ribs and a bruised lung an a elk hunt in 2 months......

Guest wdenike

Hope all goes well with pop. Some times I think they think asking for a hand is like waving the white flag. And we should try and make helping as fun as huntin.

Take care, Willie

Holy crap 6ANut, that's some serious injuries. Prayers for your dad on a speedy recovery.

That's some great advise for us older guys. I'm one who would rather help someone than ask for help myself and I have paid the price. I'll try and think of your dad the next time I feel stubborn. :)

TJ

That's a bummer. Cracked ribs are a painful ordeal. Hope he heals up quickly.

2 years ago in Montana, I was spray sealing a 2 story cabin at the guest ranch, The deck got slippery from the oil based stain, and the the extension ladder slipped out from under me. The ladder slid down the logs and crashed through the patio door, and I got pitched off, and hit the deck hard. I don't bounce as well as I used to. 3 days out of work, and ten trips to the chiropractor over a couple months. I was lucky it wasn't worse.

Hope your pops recovers fully. My ole man fell off a ladder roughly 15 yrs ago, never been right since. His shoulder and arm was half way down his back, tore up his hand and was out of work 2 years. He went back to work with a 10lb lifting restriction, lifted a gallon of coolant and tore the shoulder out of socket again. He now has a fake shoulder, a fake knee, and one foot bigger than the other from an injury many years ago. We still get out as much as I can get him out lol. I guess the only good thing from this... He got his cross bow card for archers hunts.

Hope your pops recovers fully. My ole man fell off a ladder roughly 15 yrs ago, never been right since. His shoulder and arm was half way down his back, tore up his hand and was out of work 2 years. He went back to work with a 10lb lifting restriction, lifted a gallon of coolant and tore the shoulder out of socket again. He now has a fake shoulder, a fake knee, and one foot bigger than the other from an injury many years ago. We still get out as much as I can get him out lol. I guess the only good thing from this... He got his cross bow card for archers hunts.

Oh my gosh!!!

Guest wdenike

How is he doing today??? I know when I was a young'un playing ball, and workin mules. I cracked some ribs, and know how much it hurt, and how tuff it was to breath. Can't imagine his age or mine for that matter. But I know the cure!!!! Keep reminding him of the elk tag!! I'll bet he's a tuff ole bird and will be ready to roll!!!

Take care, Willie

• Like 1

Thanks everyone, Willie he should be let out today. They kept him last night due to his oxygen levels being low. I'm sure he will rub some dirt on it and be ready to go for the hunt.

6ANut- I will be up in 6A on the same elk hunt your dad has. If we can do anything to help out or make him more comfortable just let me know. We will be staying in Munds Park. We would be more than willing to help.

• Like 3

Guest wdenike
6ANut- I will be up in 6A on the same elk hunt your dad has. If we can do anything to help out or make him more comfortable just let me know. We will be staying in Munds Park. We would be more than willing to help.

ALOT of good people on here!!!!

Take care, Willie