Sign in to follow this  
justin_birch

First Bull Unit 6A

I tagged out on my first bull in 6A monday afternoon. This was by far one of the hardest hunts I have ever been on. There was barely any talking, which was only about a one hour window in the morning. We hunted monday morning and didn't get on any shooter bulls. With my moral at an extreme low, we headed back to camp and packed up. Me and my buddy decided to stop and walk around in a spot that was on our way home that we had scouted a little, but not much. Before we knew it, the cows were mewing like crazy and all of a sudden, my bull started screaming. This was all happening at 1:30PM. We watched the direction that he was walking and realized that he was headed straight for a saddle on the top of the ridge. We moved quickly over the backside of the hill we were on and basically sprinted to get into position near the saddle. Right when we got visual of the saddle, we saw tips coming up through the saddle. We called him into 40 yards and I sent a swhacker through both of his lungs! He ran 80 yards and went tumbling down the hill. This hunt consisted of blood, sweat, and tears for sure and this is by far my most earned kill to date. I couldn't be happier with him. Taped him out at 318". Headed back up tomorrow to try and get my dad tagged out.

post-4032-0-32686200-1379615166_thumb.jpg

post-4032-0-02103800-1379615176_thumb.jpg

You just proved persistence pays off! Never give up!!! Congrats on a tough, well earned bull! (if it was easy it wouldn't be as much fun ;) )

That is a fine bull!!

very cool!!

great job!

a lesser hunter would have gone home to re-group.....the die hards keep pushing and are rewarded accordingly.

More D