Sign in to follow this  
Shedhunteraz

Where are the Rifle tag pics?????

I don't get all the hatred for mossback. They work their tails off to get their clients huge animals every year! Yes they pay finder fees, but so do most outfitters looking for a certain quality animal. And why is it the outfitters the jerk when Finder fees are involved, I'd give that info for free just to help a guy out, or I'd keep my mouth shut and try to harvest for myself. Do you guys even realize how hard it is to kill one of these giant bulls? Guided or not, it's tough! So asking if he shot it out of the truck is a pretty dumb comment. Sorry for the rant here, just tired of all the bashing that comes with big animals! I'm friends with a few big outfitters/guides and they hunt harder and longer than anyone else I've ever met.

• Like 1

You guys who are bashing Mossback don't even have a clue. They spend an enormous amount of time scouting. They hunt hard! Rhino was a culmination of years of patterning him and luck.

If you don't have anything good to say - don't say anything!

• Like 3

/>I don't get all the hatred for mossback. They work their tails off to get their clients huge animals every year! Yes they pay finder fees, but so do most outfitters looking for a certain quality animal. And why is it the outfitters the jerk when Finder fees are involved, I'd give that info for free just to help a guy out, or I'd keep my mouth shut and try to harvest for myself. Do you guys even realize how hard it is to kill one of these giant bulls? Guided or not, it's tough! So asking if he shot it out of the truck is a pretty dumb comment. Sorry for the rant here, just tired of all the bashing that comes with big animals! I'm friends with a few big outfitters/guides and they hunt harder and longer than anyone else I've ever met.
No body here bashes big animals, so stick to the facts.

This is a site that is made up of average guys sharing their passion. We like to see big animals and hear the story. Let me say it again, a story. Ya know the blood sweat and tears. Months of preparation, scouting etc.... Not just flaunting pictures of the governor or raffle tag. No one ever said guides/scouts don't work hard. Don't get your pannies in a bunch.

• Like 5

/> I don't get all the hatred for mossback. They work their tails off to get their clients huge animals every year! Yes they pay finder fees, but so do most outfitters looking for a certain quality animal. And why is it the outfitters the jerk when Finder fees are involved, I'd give that info for free just to help a guy out, or I'd keep my mouth shut and try to harvest for myself. Do you guys even realize how hard it is to kill one of these giant bulls? Guided or not, it's tough! So asking if he shot it out of the truck is a pretty dumb comment. Sorry for the rant here, just tired of all the bashing that comes with big animals! I'm friends with a few big outfitters/guides and they hunt harder and longer than anyone else I've ever met.

This is a site that is made up of average guys sharing their passion. We like to see big animals and hear the story. Let me say it again, a story. Ya know the blood sweat and tears. Months of preparation, scouting etc.... Not just flaunting pictures of the governor or raffle tag. No one ever said guides/scouts don't work hard. Don't get your pannies in a bunch.

Yeh what he said. LOL

Guest wdenike
/> I don't get all the hatred for mossback. They work their tails off to get their clients huge animals every year! Yes they pay finder fees, but so do most outfitters looking for a certain quality animal. And why is it the outfitters the jerk when Finder fees are involved, I'd give that info for free just to help a guy out, or I'd keep my mouth shut and try to harvest for myself. Do you guys even realize how hard it is to kill one of these giant bulls? Guided or not, it's tough! So asking if he shot it out of the truck is a pretty dumb comment. Sorry for the rant here, just tired of all the bashing that comes with big animals! I'm friends with a few big outfitters/guides and they hunt harder and longer than anyone else I've ever met.

Yeh what he said. LOL

ROFLMAO!!!!

I was wondering the same thing, where are all the rifle bulls? 350 plus bulls should be hitting the ground every morning with all those tags. Pics please, anyone?

Some monster bulls in nine this year,can't wait to see what Mullins have done this year.

Seldom drawn

Hey Seldom, due to obligations with one of the special Coues tags we decided to book only a couple Elk clients this year. We had an incredible archery hunt in 9 and almost killed "Scratch" (aka Rhino) ourselves but like many times in the past we just didn't have that last bit of luck on our side! We've hunted that bull hard for as long as Mossback has and I can tell you that was the smartest bull I've ever hunted by far and I bet they'll agree!!! I don't know of any other bull that's had that long of a run with the best elk hunters in the state after em'! As much as I hate seeing Mossback's logo on that picture, I gotta say they earned it and I'm happy it was them and not just some random hunter that had no clue what he killed. Congrats to them and the hunter, I know they all honor and respect that bull as much as I do! JIM>

• Like 7

/>

Some monster bulls in nine this year,can't wait to see what Mullins have done this year.

Seldom drawn

Hey Seldom, due to obligations with one of the special Coues tags we decided to book only a couple Elk clients this year. We had an incredible archery hunt in 9 and almost killed "Scratch" (aka Rhino) ourselves but like many times in the past we just didn't have that last bit of luck on our side! We've hunted that bull hard for as long as Mossback has and I can tell you that was the smartest bull I've ever hunted by far and I bet they'll agree!!! I don't know of any other bull that's had that long of a run with the best elk hunters in the state after em'! As much as I hate seeing Mossback's logo on that picture, I gotta say they earned it and I'm happy it was them and not just some random hunter that had no clue what he killed. Congrats to them and the hunter, I know they all honor and respect that bull as much as I do! JIM>

As always Jim, you are a stand up guy!! I don't think there's anyone on here that wouldn't have rather seen Mullins get that bull!!

/>

Seldom drawn

As always Jim, you are a stand up guy!! I don't think there's anyone on here that wouldn't have rather seen Mullins get that bull!!

+1

Hey gents!! Wanted to show you my Dad's and my early rifle bulls from 23N...we had an amazing hunt and are thrilled with our bulls!! Dad got his 7x6 (very symmetrical...G6 broken off of his left side or he'd have been a perfectly matched 7x7) on Saturday after a full day chasing bugles (big sounding bugles from small bulls) at 128yds! My bull was shot yesterday. Spotted him on the thickest covered hill I've seen....old burn, so tons of fallen trees and new growth. Spotted him early and watched him bed....only got a good look at his right side during our two hours of watching him. He gave me a vital shot at 500yds and I took it prone. Hit him solid, but he was a tough old bull and he kept going...total of four shots from that range (all hits) before he fell out of sight behind thick cover. Toughest pack out EVER! Straight up and down and THiCK cover...but I am so thrilled with his length and mass! No score yet, but royals are 19 1/2" and 20 1/4", 3rds are 19 1/4" and 17"...has a broken g2 (left side), a few inches broke off his left g1, and a few inches off his right g2. I feel very blessed to have killed this old bull, especially after seeing that rough country where he grew big!! He's no "Rhino" (an awesome bull, btw....congrats to MBAZ and the hunter), but he's mine :)

1382976_10151688433178457_2077143889_n_z

935947_10151688414268457_1979465094_n_zp

Hey Guys, probably better to start new threads for posting your hunt pics rather than adding to this one. I will close this one so we don't start adding all the rifle pics in here. Congrats Huntmoore! I will repost yours in another thread so people can reply to that.