Sign in to follow this  
mulie hunter

Tikka t3 hunter

My buddy has one in 30-06. It has the smoothest factory trigger I have ever pulled.

I've been shooting a tikka t3 lite stainless in 300wsm for the last few years and I love it! I had the trigger lightened up and a muzzle break put on it which makes it very enjoyable to shoot. I also love the action on it, it's the smoothest action I've ever used.

My daughter has the T3 Lite in .243. Great shooting gun!

I picked up a tikka t3 lite in 7mm-08 for my wife and son. Haven't had a chance to hunt with it yet, but so far so good. The rifle is super light so I put a brake on it to lighten the recoil for them. One of my hunting buddies bought a tikka t3 light stainless in 7mm mag. With the load we have worked up, it is shooting awesome groupings.

100 yards, 3 rounds

post-6408-0-84737700-1380475903_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture of the brake I had put on the Tikka t3 7-08 I mentioned above. After seeing brakes put on several barrels by a number of different gunsmiths, I've come to the opinion that my guy does the cleanest brakes in the business. I've actually had several guys try to argue with me that this isn't a brake added to the end of the barrel, but holes drilled into the barrel itself. I'd have a hard time arguing with them had I not watched the brake go on the barrel. It has made this gun super easy for my 9 year old son to fire.

post-6408-0-22559200-1380476866_thumb.jpg

my buddy bought one in the 300 WSM and it is a tac driver and probably one of the lightest guns i have ever seen. the only issue he has had was with the plastic magazine that it comes with. we were on a speed goat hunt in wyoming and the magazine fell out. thought it was his error until it did it again the following hunt. i think he ordered new mags from wilson combat and hasnt had a issue since.

Here is a picture of the brake I had put on the Tikka t3 7-08 I mentioned above. After seeing brakes put on several barrels by a number of different gunsmiths, I've come to the opinion that my guy does the cleanest brakes in the business. I've actually had several guys try to argue with me that this isn't a brake added to the end of the barrel, but holes drilled into the barrel itself. I'd have a hard time arguing with them had I not watched the brake go on the barrel. It has made this gun super easy for my 9 year old son to fire.

attachicon.gif20130929_103826.jpg

How is the noise on that brake? I have gone back and forth on whether it is worth the trade off on a kid/wife gun.

The noise is actually a lot better/quiter than I had expected. I wouldn't recommend a lot of shooting without earplugs, but I fired it a couple of times without earplugs to see if it was going to bother my wife or son in hunting situations. I've shot a lot of other big caliber rifles without brakes that were worse. That my fairly skinny 9 year old will shoot it over and over without fearing the recoil makes it worth it.

I've got a t3 lite stainless and LOVE IT!! Smoothest action and nice crisp adjustable trigger.