Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

A couple rifle bulls from 23N

Huntmoore wrote this up about his hunt:

Hey gents!! Wanted to show you my Dad's and my early rifle bulls from 23N...we had an amazing hunt and are thrilled with our bulls!! Dad got his 7x6 (very symmetrical...G6 broken off of his left side or he'd have been a perfectly matched 7x7) on Saturday after a full day chasing bugles (big sounding bugles from small bulls) at 128yds! My bull was shot yesterday. Spotted him on the thickest covered hill I've seen....old burn, so tons of fallen trees and new growth. Spotted him early and watched him bed....only got a good look at his right side during our two hours of watching him. He gave me a vital shot at 500yds and I took it prone. Hit him solid, but he was a tough old bull and he kept going...total of four shots from that range (all hits) before he fell out of sight behind thick cover. Toughest pack out EVER! Straight up and down and THiCK cover...but I am so thrilled with his length and mass! No score yet, but royals are 19 1/2" and 20 1/4", 3rds are 19 1/4" and 17"...has a broken g2 (left side), a few inches broke off his left g1, and a few inches off his right g2. I feel very blessed to have killed this old bull, especially after seeing that rough country where he grew big!!

post-1-0-84688300-1380603053_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-15177200-1380603057_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Both you and your Dad got great Bulls. Congrats.

Good ole Valentine Bulls. Nice job guys. Great looking bulls.

Great looking bulls fellas. Congratulations! !

Those are some great bulls. That is awesome you were both able to take such good bulls on the same hunt!