Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

They're at it again Part 1,000,000

Holding the Grand Canyon Hostage!!!!!!

$500.00 for a us Senator or Congressman may not be a big deal but when the young family loses $500.00 it hurts just enough to put stress into daily activities. I pretty much feel like it was taken from me by our government. Yes the shut down tagged the Grand Canyon and with an annual plan of attacking the big ditch in pursuit of inner peace and health I am now sitting holding the bill waiting to see if our non government will decide that I lose my money or not. Good Job guys, much apprecieated

(quote from abc 15)

About 18,000 people visit the Grand Canyon daily in October, when temperatures are in the 70s and visitors can see the leaves changing colors on the drive.

Nationally, about 715,000 people a day visited the 401 areas within the national park system last October, contributing about $76 million a day to local economies, said National Park Service spokesman Mike Litterst.

I don't see how they need to close National Parks... They're parks- they don't need to get paid. Just put up a "Pack it in, Pack it out" sign and keep the gates open.

Not to mention its revenue at the gate and for permits and many other things, I don't see how funding could be so much higher than revenue with the dollars lited above

Sorta like cutting off your nose to spite your face! If I understood the logic then I would have to think like a politician. I'll stick with not understanding!

• Like 1

To President Obama, the honorable members of the US Congress & the honorable members of the US Senate:

I would like to take a moment to sincerly thank you for setting aside your differences & looking out for the best interests of 'We The People', whom you have taken an oath to protect & to serve. While not all of your actions make sense to me, I understand that it is most likely due to my underdeveloped, socially inferior civilian mentality. Rest assured that before casting blame at you, I will make my best efforts to see things from your point of view so that I can better understand your decisions. Please see the attachment. Thank you again for your selfless service to this great country of mine.

Sincerly,

Raymond M. Stevens

Tax Payer, Voter & supporter of the Constitution of the United States

post-1431-0-60440400-1380651727.jpg

• Like 4

To President Obama, the honorable members of the US Congress & the honorable members of the US Senate:

I would like to take a moment to sincerly thank you for setting aside your differences & looking out for the best interests of 'We The People', whom you have taken an oath to protect & to serve. While not all of your actions make sense to me, I understand that it is most likely due to my underdeveloped, socially inferior civilian mentality. Rest assured that before casting blame at you, I will make my best efforts to see things from your point of view so that I can better understand your decisions. Please see the attachment. Thank you again for your selfless service to this great country of mine.

Sincerly,

Raymond M. Stevens

attachicon.gifyour pov.jpg

Hahahahahahahaha! About sums it up!

Guest wdenike

Sincerly,

Raymond M. Stevens

attachicon.gifyour pov.jpg

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! We really should slap them all silly. :o :rolleyes: Better yet if we slap the -hit outa them do ya think it would pop their heads out????

Take care, Willie

You need to look at the bigger picture. The collateral effects from the shutdown, is but a drop in the grand scheme of things. The Republicans are taking a hardline stance on defunding Obamacare, and the Dem's won't deal. Certainly the dem's will blame the Republicans, just as they always do.

The rippling effects of Obamacare ,on this nation, will be much more severe, than today's Federal shutdown.

The economic welfare of Americans is grossly more important, than National park closures, and non essential Federal agencies. Some people will lose paychecks in the interim, and that is a chance people take when Federally employed.

The Democrat designed cash cow machine.....AKA Obamacare.....is much more important to the Dem's than doing what is right for American's.

Don't believe me? Just wait until the next year or two, when we will see this country really start to crumble.

it amazes me that people can't see the train wreck thats coming!

• Like 1

Its only %18 of goverment that will shut down!!!! :angry: Obama just makes it look like the counrty is shutting down as a scare tactic!!...to make "We The People"! call our congressmen to tell them to vote for obama care!! :angry: ..we need that hack out of office!! or hold on until he serves his term!...if we have a country left by then!!!!!!..... :(

The NPS is shutting down parks and memorials that are never staffed. Some of them are totally funded by private donations but lease land from the Feds. Bet ya Obamas golf courses are open for business though.

Anybody hear anything from USFS regarding access to NF land?

PHOENIX -- The Arizona Game and Fish Commission met yesterday (Oct. 1) in special public session to discuss the challenges of providing access to certain lands and waters where the public has been denied entry for otherwise lawful hunting and fishing during the current shutdown of the federal government.

In particular, the commission discussed its concerns over the National Park Service's closure of Lees Ferry, a popular fishery and boating access area on the Colorado River downstream of Glen Canyon Dam.

The commission voted to direct the Arizona Game and Fish Department to temporarily offer manpower and services to the National Park Service to maintain public access to Lees Ferry during the shutdown.

"In the case of Lees Ferry, we’re dealing with a unique and important place for anglers, guide businesses, and the local economy," said Kurt Davis, a member of the Arizona Game and Fish Commission. "The Arizona Game and Fish Department already has fisheries management and law enforcement resources dedicated to that area, and we'd like to offer those resources so the federal government can do the right thing and keep Lees Ferry open to the public during this time."

The formal motion approved by the commission was as follows:

That the Commission direct the Department to offer the National Park Service manpower and services for the purpose of maintaining security on federal property and to federal assets at Lees Ferry for up to 30 days in exchange for allowing access through Lees Ferry to the Colorado River for fishing and hunting activities in accordance with state fish and game regulations during the federal government shutdown. For the purposes of this motion, access means the ability to fish or take waterfowl from shore or boat on the Colorado River from the confluence of the Paria River upstream to Glen Canyon Dam. The Department will monitor costs and report to the Commission should those costs become of concern.

It is unknown at this time whether the National Park Service will accept the offer.

During the course of the discussion, the commissioners also emphasized that, according to the latest information available at this time, hunters in Arizona will have access to most federal lands (such as national forests or BLM lands) for their hunts, other than controlled access points that have been closed. Access points to developed recreation sites, campgrounds or boat ramps may be closed. It is the department's understanding that national wildlife refuges under the jurisdiction of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service will be closed, as will parks under the jurisdiction of the National Park Service. It is also the department's understanding that where federal lands remain open for public access, hunting is allowed in accordance with state law.

Certain hunts begin in Arizona this weekend for turkey, quail, tree squirrels, ducks (mountain zone), and juniors-only javelina.

For more information on how federal land management agencies are dealing with the federal government shutdown, visit www.doi.gov/shutdown/index.cfm or www.usda.gov/documents/usda-fs-shutdown-plan.pdf.