Sign in to follow this  
4Falls

surprised the national forests haven't been shut down.

Heard today the the nation's wildlife refuges have been closed due to the gov't shutdown. Is it only a matter of time before the nat'l forests follow suit? Good news is all bets are off on travel management rules. Not that it really changes anything

The better news is there won't be anyone there to arrest me when I run over the barricade.

• Like 8

I have a deer and elk tags that says I have access closed or not.

• Like 2

All the camp grounds up here in the White Mountains are closed. Thank goodness we don't need the federal gubment to go into the woods.

Guest wdenike
I have a deer and elk tags that says I have access closed or not.

And you will probably be carrying a gun. And I am sure you know how to use it. :D :D :D

Take care, Willie

No need to post it and give them any ideas, they are shutting down more stuff every day. The Atlantic and homes on Lake Meade are just the beginning.

So who is around to close the stuff off? Are they doing it for free? Im pretty sure if I was not being paid I would not be doing much of anything except maybe looking into other employment options.

Id be pretty upset if I had an elk tag in an area typically open to travel and it was closed down.

Went by Roosevelt this weekend and across the little roads going to the lake in most places was one simple barricade and a yellow or pink ribbon.I did see that the little road going down to the south end of the lake by the bridge on the river was open. I don't know if the people that were down there removed whatever might have been used to keep them out or if it was left open on purpose.

I do know the businesses around the lake are suffering.

GBA

So who is around to close the stuff off? Are they doing it for free? Im pretty sure if I was not being paid I would not be doing much of anything except maybe looking into other employment options.

Their LE officers are still allowed to work.

Does anyone know if Big Lake is closed. I was planning on taking the family up there this weekend to do some fishing. I'd hate to make a six hour drive just to find out the lake is closed.

The campgrounds are closed but not the lakes -- open to fishing according to the Region 1 G&F Office. They also said the Big Lake Campgrounds closed after Labor Day.

BTW: there are no limits at Nelson's and it may be fishing better than Big Lake. The weather forecast is bleak for this afternoon through Friday morning! :angry:

Thanks for the tip Big Tub I'll have to give Nelson a try. Is camping still allowed on the forest service land? It was mentioned above that all campgrounds are closed in the White Mountains but what about camping in general in a non-campground area?