azcouesandelk

Dad's First Coues

I've followed your scouting trips and now your successfull hunt. You are an inspiration to a lot of older coues hunters! This is a perfect example of how it ought to be done. Congratulations to you and especially your Dad. Not only for his deer, but for raising a kid in this day and age with the respect for him and the critters we chase.

No matter how big the head gear, these little deer are just plain beautiful!

Good job,

Kevin

Thanks for all your kind replies guys and gals. Now I just hope I can put my tag on in November. Luckily I get to hunt the whole hunt so the tag will be going on an 80 incher or bust :D

Christian,

Congrats to you and your father on a hunt you will both always remember ;)

Looks like you got some good use outta that Eberlestock pack. How bout a report.

Oh and by the way I'm 45 and I'm still packin out critters for the Old Man and loving every minute of it.

Here is my report on my eberlestock j104 pack.

This pack is really comfortable with a light and heavy load. Going in my pack weight right at 40 pounds and it felt as if it only weighed 20. After the deer was down being able to expand the pack to 4500 c.i. made the pack out very easy. With all the straps on the outside to strap my tripod and my jackets down it makes packing out just as easy as packing in.

As of now I would recomend this pack to any coues hunter. Plenty of storage and very comfortable.

I now have the spike camp attachment on the way so I will have another report after my hunt.

Congrats to your Dad on finally getting his Coues buck!! Sounds like you made it all possible for him! Way to go!! Now go find you a 100 incher...

Congratulations to you and your dad, that's a very nice looking 2 point. Is your November hunt in 36B also????

I need a new pack, maybe I'll go with the Eberlestock...it's quite a bit more than the badlands but the rifle scabbard looks like it came in real handy for you.

Yeah my hunt is for unit 36b and that gun scabbard makes hiking in in the dark very nice and packing a deer out even nicer without it bouncing around on your shoulder

I've followed your scouting trips and now your successfull hunt. You are an inspiration to a lot of older coues hunters! This is a perfect example of how it ought to be done. Congratulations to you and especially your Dad. Not only for his deer, but for raising a kid in this day and age with the respect for him and the critters we chase.

No matter how big the head gear, these little deer are just plain beautiful!

Good job,

Kevin

Kevin that is one of the nicest things anybody has ever said to me and it really means alot to me.

Everybody thank you for your replies. You guys are the inspiration to me so you know. This forum has made me an avid coues hunter. It has taught me the importance of using a tripod and high powered optics. It has also taught me the need to know your rifle even better than you think you need to. I would like to thank each one of you guys in person but I cannot sadly so this will have to due. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

Congrats to you and your Dad! Must be a great feeling for your Dad to get his first Coues after 9 year. I'm still seeking my first too! You are a class act Christian! We need more young guys like you out in the field!

Travis

It was good to meet up with you again and get to see all your sheds and dad's rack, those pictures of sheds ya got just DOESN'T DO JUSTICE! Congrats to your old man again, my dad's been on 4 coues hunts and still unsuccessful. Good job and good seein ya again bro

that a boy Christian! and i know what ya mean about having to do all the work for your dad! last year, i spotted my dads buck, passed on the shot so he could shoot, tracked the deer, gutted it, packed it out, skinned it, and boned it! but i love it that way! good job! nice to see it worked out!

Way to go!!!! A big congrats to you and your dad! You guys earned that buck and did a great job scouting! Love the pictures....can tell you both are way happy and that's what it's all about! That is a beautiful deer. I got to try out my new J104 all last week and LOVE IT! I had a spike camp in it almost the whole hunt and fit my whole deer in it at the end and it worked perfectly! You guys did great! JIM>