Sign in to follow this  
coatimundi01

New to the site- my back story to hunting

Hi guys. My name is Ben Payne and I've been a lurker for quite a while and figured I would post up and introduce myself! I'm going on my first hunt since 1998 when I was 13. Went in Nov in 35B with my dad and that was the first time I carried a tag and the last time we went together as he passed that following January. We never saw a buck that hunt. Finally after all these years I figured I would have a go at it and try to fill a tag! I've got next week back in 35B and I'm using one of my dad's rifles so it's going to kind of take me back. It got me back into the hunting swing that I haven't done since I was a kid. Been quail hunting for the first time, put in for archery Javi, and me and a buddy put in for turkey. I haven't had time to scout 35B at all, but I remember a lot of the spots we used to go with my dad so I'll probably hit those and glass glass glass. Great forum you guys have here and it's full of helpful people. Hopefully I can contribute some, or at the very least some good BSing!

• Like 4

Welcome to the greatest hunting site on the web along with some of the nicest people you can find. Wish you tons of luck on your hunts, post lots of pics and don't be afraid to ask questions and look forward to reading some stories.

• Like 1

Like Shedhunteraz said, this is the greatest hunting site on the web with some of the nicest people you will fine anywhere. Even though it's been many years since your father passed away my deepest condolences and welcome to the site. Glad to hear you are taking up hunting again and I'm sure your dad will be looking down upon you and guiding you every step of the way. I hope you take a coues deer in his honor. Can't wait to see some pictures of your hunt.

I don't know 35B or I would help ya out. I'm sure someone here will pm you with some information. Good luck on your hunt. :)

TJ

Welcome to the site. I wish you luck on your hunt. Glad you are using one of your Dad's guns. Making him a part of your hunt is very special. You know he will be with you the whole way. Hope you knock down a biggun with that rifle! Please share your hunt with us with planty of pictures (even if there isn't a buck included). Enjoy the hunt.

I've been out there driving around 35B a few times over the past three years and I always see deer. I bet with the good mast crop this year you will see them!

When my dad passed he left me his Pre 64 Model 70 in 270. Felt like my first deer again when I took a nice 3x3 with it. Good luck and hope you score with your dads rifle.

Haven't hunted that unit so I can't help there.