Tim, we only saw the one buck that was with this one. They were pretty close to the same size. We only glassed Saturday morning, it was a done deal after that.

I think Chris plans on making a trip to Phoenix before the SC hunt. He should have them by then.

Oh, I forgot to tell you Amanda. The meat we kept with us, actually right next to us while we slept. Nothing but a gray fox ever came in. That Coues meat is too much of a delicacy to be wasting on foxes and other vermin.

Good Luck Bill!!!

Good job Scott where were the goats ??

Good job Scott where were the goats ??

I left the goats at home, although they would have done well in the terrain. My young ones are coming along nicely and should make some excellent packers.

Mr. Webb, I didn't draw any tags in AZ this year. The boys and I have been applying for elk and deer in AZ and NM, hoping each of us draws at least one tag. So far it has worked out great. The last 2 years we each have at least one elk or deer tag.

Scott, is that the burro mtns area you hunted?

That is a real nice buck.

I just bought a TC Encore and love it.

My kinda of hunting you do

Dan

Dan, that was not the Burros. It was the regular unit 23. Be forewarned though, bucks are difficult to locate and decent bucks even more so. Believe it or not, I don't even own a muzzleloader. That one was borrowed. I killed a mule deer in unit 23 several years ago also with a borrowed muzzleloader.

I'll tell you, that's the kind of hunting I love!!! The rougher, the better, at least until I get a little older. ;)

Hey Scott, sorry to get off topic here, but can you tell me if there's a gas station at Three Way? I seem to recall a gas station or convience store there at the SE corner but I can't remember. Thanks.

Congratulations! Thanks for the story and pics. Some real nice looking country and Real nice buck!

azyoung

Scott,

Congratulations on another successful hunt earned through working harder. Again, nice trophy photos. Good luck in Nov.

Doug~RR

Thanks Jason. My wife and oldest son have the 27/28 Coues hunt that starts Friday, so it's not over yet... man this if fun!! :)