Sign in to follow this  
HEADACHE

12A East. diy !!!UPDATE!!!!

Very cool! I don't know about you, but for me thats a heck of a shot with a open sight .35 Rem! Where did you end up hitting him?

Thanks! (I DO practice open sights out a long ways)

I think I was dead on height wise, but the bullet deflected back a bit through the tree limb, It hit him rearward, still knocked him straight down.

Don't underestimate those old cowboy guns! ha ha!

Using my old Marlin really made the hunt special to me, that and having Dad along. Good times indeed.

Great shootn! My dad really likes his Win 30-30 but had to give it up because he had trouble focusing when aiming at long distances. Mostly him or the deer in shade gave him problems but the trusty open sight rifle always goings on our hunting trips just in case he can still hunt in the thick stuff!

• Like 1

That's an incredible shot with a 35 lever gun! Nice deer! My Dad and I are heading out in 36A this week, hope to get one with my first rifle ever, also a Marlin lever gun, in 30-30. She's dialed in for 200, hopefully make it happen! :D :ph34r:

• Like 1

That's an incredible shot with a 35 lever gun! Nice deer! My Dad and I are heading out in 36A this week, hope to get one with my first rifle ever, also a Marlin lever gun, in 30-30. She's dialed in for 200, hopefully make it happen! :D :ph34r:

Awesome! Great luck to you!

good job, nice buck!

Don Martin

Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

• Like 1

Nice work! I just shot that muzzle loader you traded me for the first time. Was still pretty close to zero at 100 yds. Congrats on the buck.

• Like 1