Sign in to follow this  
HEADACHE

12A East. diy !!!UPDATE!!!!

Just got camper all set up.
Camped just off 200F rd.
If any of you guys are up here stop in and give a howdy.
White camper CWT sticker on back. Driving a grey F150 crewcab big CWT sticker on tailgate.
Brought my dad along to teach him the ropes and make some hunting memories.

Good luck boys.

• Like 1

Good luck! Hopefully you and your pops can make some good memories chasing those dopey eared carp deer. I have a Muley tag this year and it feels weird not to be headed out this weekend.

Just got camper all set up.

Camped just off 200 rd.

If any of you guys are up here stop in and give a howdy.

White camper CWT sticker on back. Driving a grey F150 crewcab big CWT sticker on tailgate.

Brought my dad along to teach him the ropes and make some hunting memories.

Good luck boys.

you get 3G coverage up there?

We've seen over 200 does in 2 days, a few small forky bucks and 1 crazy 3x3.

Tonight at dark we finally saw 2 decent bucks... Couldn't make play on them.

Hope our luck changes tomorrow.IMG_20131025_133125_579.jpg

Can't believe I forgot to update this!!!!

We ended up seeing well over a hundred deer every single day. Just nothing to shoot at! we saw little tiny bucks with their mommies, and a few little 3x3's, nothing worthy of this tag though.
Last time I got this tag I shot a 171" 3x4, he was a good buck. This year.... I almost shot a 2x2 last night just because we needed to get home and weren't seeing anything!

We searched high and low, pulled out the plugs on every trick I knew. Dad ended up learning a lot about deer hunting, and a lot about what NOT to do ha ha ha ha.
IMG_20131027_152218_028.jpg
(overlooking the Grand Canyon from a place called Dog Point)

Last morning was windy as heck! Deer all holed up in deep spots out of the wind.... didn't see anything but does again all morning.

Dad actually spotted this deer after dropping me off in a canyon to hike. I hiked about an hour or two and he called me on the radio saying he had seen this buck along side a dirt road!

I had him come find pick me up and he took me to the spot where he had seen this buck. I hopped out and started climbing... immediately saw some does bedded in a small hollow. They pinned me down for about 10 minutes... but no buck. After they spooked off I continued climbing the mountain until I spotted deer feeding out of this thicket. I knew the buck had to be there.... finally he popped out for a split second and I had no shot. They were all feeding over the absolute top of the mountain and I had about 15 seconds to make it happen... he was standing behind a small pine tree and his vitals were covered up pretty good.... I knew it was now or never, I risked the shot. Steadied my ol 35 against a tree and dropped the hammer. I had guessed the range about 300... uphill pretty severe, so I shot for about 250. Ended up either deflecting back, or just hitting him back. He spun around and I lost him in my sight.

I sprinted as best I could up the few hundred yards to where I had seen him when I shot. Found blood and two big tufts of hair! Sweet!
IMG_20131028_093245_487.jpg

I found his tracks and spinouts going straight downhill.... BAM! found him laying about 60 yards straight downhill from me.
So excited! Got dad on the radio and he came up as close as he could with the truck. Good thing he's a tough old goat, we gutted it and dragged it about 200 yards to the truck.
Skinned him out and packed up and headed home.

Had a great time, shared a hunt with my pops, saw some of God's most beautiful country, and shot a nice enough deer with my Marlin.
Great way to end the hunt.

Thanks for listening.
IMG_20131028_100433_508.jpg
IMG_20131028_095957_945.jpg

Very cool! I don't know about you, but for me thats a heck of a shot with a open sight .35 Rem! Where did you end up hitting him?

• Like 1