Red Rabbit

2006 Kodiak Alaska Trip

Great trip report Doug!! Thanks for those excellent photos and descriptions. Must have been great fun to catch fresh fish like that for dinner while staying on the boat. Glad you had some good friends to share it with. Congrats on your buck!

Amanda

Doug,

Your pictures are just awesome. Really gets me excited to go to the NWT next Aug. We are going to hunt dall sheep and mountian caribou. I hope our trip goes as great as yours. Great sitka bucks.

DesertSheep,

Sounds like a great trip you have planned for next fall. Best of luck and enjoyment. A dall hunt has been my dream hunt for many years.

Doug~RR

Nice job again RR-

Jason good luck on your hunt next year, That hunt is the reason I want to be a dentist :)

Red Rabbit, Thanks for the advice..got back yesterday from kodaik had an awesome hunt..6 hunters killed 13 bucks...good weather..great boat..shot a nice buck...thanks again...Bob

Red Rabbit, Thanks for the advice..got back yesterday from kodaik had an awesome hunt..6 hunters killed 13 bucks...good weather..great boat..shot a nice buck...thanks again...Bob

Uhhh HELLO!

You cannot make a post like that without pictures to back it up!

:D

My friend and I just made our final decision, we are going to Prince of Wales next September for Blacktail and Black bear bowhunting.

Ummmmm... ya... how 'bout some pics? A year from now I'll be on Kodiak with Alaska Coastal Marine (11/10- 11/17). CB1 where did you hunt and what transporter did you go with? I have to try to place coues on the back burner and concentrate on blacktails.

--Bill

Simply awesome pictures and a great narration Doug, thanks for including us and welcome back.

I don't know how to post pic's on here guy's...i'll send some to someone if you want...we hunted in olga bay on the south end of the island with Homer Ocean Charters..can't say enough good about them...everything was awesome...leaving for 33 youth hunt tommorrow afternoon with my son. Will try and get the picture thing figured out before i go...BH

CB1,

The easy way is to host your photos on www.Photobucket.com It's free.

Posting them in your story is easy as you cut and paste the IMG from photobucket.

See these instructions by Bass:

http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/in...?showtopic=3721

I have heard nice things about Homer Ocean Charters. How was the deer population on the south end of the island? Did they say anything about it being down? How many deer and bucks did you see each day?

RR

ok, i'll have my wife check out photobucket...Doug, i can't imagine the population being any better than it was, we saw alot of deer every day...my friend and i were trying to be selective and find the best bucks we could and we passed up multiple bucks every day, in fact we only harvested one buck apiece, continuing to look for better and better deer...the other guys on the boat really just wanted to hunt deer and they were dragging bucks back to the beach every day...Usually before we even set out for the day we would glass bucks from the boat and then from the time we hit shore and climbed we were seeing deer...Did get charged by a large brownie the first evening, charged to forty yards..(not awesome)..the bears were a definite threat, daily...spoke with several other hunters in the hotel and rest. and airport that hunted the south end, all had reported alot of deer and good harvest...Boat capt. saying several mild winters had pumped the pop. up, which is what i had been hearing...any other questions i'll be happy to help anyone going...BH

CB1,

Can you PM or send me info on your hunt, price, contact #'s and any other info you think would be important. Like was the hunt guided or just transport. Thanks in advance.

Awesome trip, with some of the best pictures of any post I've seen lately! Thanks so much for sharing and posting. I need to get some cash saved for a trip like that someday, its on my long-term to do list.

Deerslam, i sent you a pm.. let me know if you don't recieve it...BH

No I haven't :(