Sign in to follow this  
rcdinaz

1st tag, 1st trip, 1st deer

My daughter drew her first tag ever, which ended up being a 3C rifle tag.

I am VERY proud of this girl getting it done on her first hunt! Up at 4:30 and hanging in there all day long 4 days in a row.

On top of that this trip was like a hunting version of National Lampoons Vacation. The trip almost ended before it ever began on a number of occasions. We got through it and ended up with a weekend she will never forget. I will share the very long story but figured I would start with the end and all the good stuff.

We found our deer the last day and the last hour of our hunt (why does it work that way!). She missed once and then put one right through the lungs. She was able to get it done with her dad and Grandpa both right there watching which was just awesome.

The ear to ear smile and her quietly telling us, I was shaking after I shot him was priceless! She asked if we could have it mounted, we did not hesitate to say yes. I am every bit as proud of this trophy and then some as I am any other on the wall. I am sure a lot of you can relate.

The tarantula picture was jut a bonus. He crawled right into the some of the blood and was apparently waiting for his share of venison.

Lots of people to thank, I will add them to the story as well.

post-5700-0-84156700-1383102694_thumb.jpg

post-5700-0-17218800-1383102736_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

That's great that grandpa could be there too! What a great hunt! Congrats to her on a great buck! Her smile says it all! 👍

That's awesome! Congrats to your daughter!

Awesome! Congrats to the three generations involved in the making of great memories! The best part of the last day last minute bit is that you get to have it all.......the highs and lows of the entire and then the satisfaction closing the deal! Good times!

Congrats to your daughter and her buck!

Absolutely awesome! Congrats to your daughter and to you as well!

Very, very cool!

One of the first things I look at when it comes to youth hunting photos is how they are holding the harvested critter(s)..

This young lady has a grip on those antlers I wouldn't dare mess with, and I think that says a lot about her and her hunting helpers. BIG congratulations to her, you, and the crew!!!

• Like 1