Sign in to follow this  
AZBearhunter

Goulds Turkey Populations

Regardless of what the Game and Fish numbers project, Goulds Turkey populations are doing spectacular in Southern Arizona, and mostly throughout the entire state. In the first picture you can see a Bobcat (in the right of the picture) eyeballing the group of turkeys. In total there was 11 turkeys in this group. I have watched turkey population increase significantly over the past 5 years in many units.

post-10981-0-09002700-1383535182_thumb.png

post-10981-0-33173900-1383535262_thumb.png

post-10981-0-47705900-1383535288_thumb.png

• Like 4

I have heard them and come close now twice to actually seeing them and hope to run across them next month in 33 during my hunt.

• Like 1

I have heard them and come close now twice to actually seeing them and hope to run across them next month in 33 during my hunt.

Inbox me, Ill put on some turkeys in 33.

Great pics! Especially the one with the bobcat trying to get a good meal. I saw two separate groups last Nov. and was surprised at how Big they are!!

during my elk hunt i seen at least 100 turkeys on a side of a mountain. i got within 20 yards of them and they really didnt care too much.

• Like 1

Inbox me, Ill put on some turkeys in 33.

me too

Unit 33 is loaded... They are in my neighbors yard at 49ers country club everyday. Also seen a flock along the San Pedro in Benson the other day.

• Like 1

They all appear to all be tom’s except maybe the front one you cant tell. You can see spurs on the two of the non-stutters. These like most bachelor groups are sorting out dominance and pecking order by seeing who is brave enough to strut and not get beat into submission by the others. Is it a little early, probably not. They have been hanging out together since summer and are probably starting to get on each other’s nerves and getting excited for some female attention that’s up coming.

They were all Gobblers... there was 10 hens up the road 100' that they were following.