Sign in to follow this  
Big Browns

Results are out!!!!!!!

15 points and still no Gould's for me. Got 23 archery pig. At least we can hunt archery turkey OTC.

First season for 6A. My first turkey tag. Can't wait.

I saw a ton of turkey up in 7 last weekend while deer hunting. First time I've ever seen turkey in the wild. Got me excited.

Tried for my second Gould's tag....got my second choice, early 27! First time back since the fire...have 5 birds from in there prior. Good luck everyone!

Couestracker

No tag in Unit 35A despite haviing 9 points. Good thing I have a San Carlos tag for 2014.

Did draw tag # 2 for the HAM pig hunt in 18B.

Time to bring out the old Knight muzzleloader. Tired of shooting em with the Savaga Striker in 22-250..

Don Martin

Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

Both of my boys drew a 6A Jr. Turkey hunt......... Now we just have to learn how to hunt them! We're new to the sport of hunting and look forward to the challenge.

Both of my boys drew a 6A Jr. Turkey hunt......... Now we just have to learn how to hunt them! We're new to the sport of hunting and look forward to the challenge.

Bring them up for the JAKES turkey camp south of Happy Jack. I know some areas in 6A and either I or one of the other mentors there get them on some birds or at least teach them how to hunt them!

Bring them up for the JAKES turkey camp south of Happy Jack. I know some areas in 6A and either I or one of the other mentors there get them on some birds or at least teach them how to hunt them!

We might just have to do that, I was looking at that camp prior to putting them in for the hunt. I'll keep you posted, thanks.

We might just have to do that, I was looking at that camp prior to putting them in for the hunt. I'll keep you posted, thanks.

Keep in touch with me on that. Its Easter weekend, but I'm hoping to be there mentoring again. Its a great camp. Its free and all food is provided, plus you get set up with knowledgeable mentors that are committed to giving you and your kids the best they can! As soon as info is available about the camp, I'll post it up in this forum!

Unit 1 for me - first time really hunting them myself, other than carrying an archery tag along with me in the fall. I don't even know what I don't even know about turkeys. Should be fun, though.

Ride around and stop to make a hen call and listen just after dark. The gobblers will answer and you can figure out their roost tree. Head up the next morning in the dark and stop a few hundred yards away and sit down in some bushes. At first light scratch out a few calls and listen. Have your gun on your knee and be ready to shoot. I use a box call and a diaphram call. Fun hunt.