josh

Josh's Buck

I was fortunate enough to find this guy at sunrise on friday, and start my stalk. He was almost a mile away and by the time I got a better view of him he had worked his way down hill with the help of a doe which helped him get closer to me as I worked my way down my side of the canyon. When I was able to range him the first time he was 680 yards. I kept working closer as they were going down the canyon and closed the distance to 444 yards. This was the longest shot I had ever taken. It eneded up being a very long day and night. After packing him back to the quad and running out of water I started to get dehydrated. It had to have been close to 85 degrees. So by the time I got to my truck I found out I had lost my truck keys and did not have a spare set hidden on the truck. Boy I sure feel like an idiot for not having been better prepared, but I will learn form my mistakes. Luckily were I was huntin was about40 miles from home so I reloaded the polaris that is street legal and drove home I had to go right through the town of cave creek I got alot of stares and thumbs up as the deer's rack was sticking up from my pack. I finally got home at 9:30pm. It made for a hunt I will never forget. Any guesses on score would be appreciated. Josh

superb buck! Great job! I'll say 90".

I hope I don't lose my keys , I'll be hunting down on the border 200 miles from home :blink:

The hunts with the most adventure are the ones that stick in your mind forever!

AzP&Y

Doug

Thats a nice looking buck and some kind of tail that you will be telling folks for a long time to come and that is what makes a trip. Some times its good and sometimes its bad but in a few years it will just be a great story. Congrats

Awesome buck and story! I'd say 87"..........give or take 3" :D Congrats on a great buck! JIM>

A day like that is well worth it for a buck like that. Congratulations! I'll guess 85.

What a great story and buck to go with it. I'd say 95", pretty good main beams and good size eye guards. Congrats.

Josh congratulations, I lost my wallet after getting my deer last year. It is hard keeping it all together out there.I guess 93. Length over mass.

Bob

Great looking buck! I say everyone is in the ball park with score. Right around 90". Congratulations!