az_shooter

R.I.P. Buddy

Rest in peace Yogi, you will be missed more than i could ever explain. You were my best friend and you brought so much joy to all of us. It's a shame you had to go but i swear you will never be forgotten bud. You didn't understand "no" very well but you know that we will always love you and you will always be with us. We buryed you at your first hunting spot so you can forever be lazy under the shade tree and chase the cows when you get bored because I'm not hitting the birds as they fly. In the short time you were with us you taught us so much. I could go on for days about things I could say for you but I'll just leave it at I love you and will never be the same without you. I hate to say good bye so I wont, I'll just wait for the time I see you again.

R.I.P. Yogi November 7, 2012 - November 6, 2013, you'll always be in our hearts

post-6017-0-21690100-1383861185.jpg

post-6017-0-54635900-1383861206_thumb.jpg

post-6017-0-54918200-1383861242_thumb.jpg

post-6017-0-13594200-1383861274_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

It's sad and hurts but I like to read these 10 things every once in awhile, from the dogs perspective.

Kudos for you coming through on #10, been there and words can't explain.

So sad to hear and sorry that #1 didn't apply, it didn't for my first best friend either.

I live by these now.

___________________________________________________________________________________

1. My life is likely to last ten to fifteen years. Any separation from you will be painful: remember that before you get me.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me—it is crucial to my wellbeing.

4. Do not be angry at me for long, and do not lock me up as punishment.

5. You have your work, your entertainment, and your friends. I only have you.

6. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don’t understand your words, I understand your voice.

7. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget.

8. Remember before you hit me that I have sharp teeth that could easily hurt you, but I choose not to bite you because I love you.

9. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I might not be getting the right food, or I have been out too long, or my heart is getting too old and weak.

10. Take care of me when I get old. You too will grow old. Accompany me on difficult journeys. Never say: “I cannot bear to watch” or “Let it happen in my absence.” Everything is easier for me if you are there—even my death.

• Like 10

Im sorry for your loss, I feel your pain, just know this.. he'll always be there with you no matter where you are. hunting fishing shooting etc, I lost my female mastiff lulu about two years ago and to this day i still feel her presence. Stay strong and know that Yogi loved you very much my friend!

It's sad and hurts but I like to read these 10 things every once in awhile, from the dogs perspective.

Kudos for you coming through on #10, been there and words can't explain.

So sad to hear and sorry that #1 didn't apply, it didn't for my first best friend either.

I live by these now.

___________________________________________________________________________________

1. My life is likely to last ten to fifteen years. Any separation from you will be painful: remember that before you get me.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me—it is crucial to my wellbeing.

4. Do not be angry at me for long, and do not lock me up as punishment.

5. You have your work, your entertainment, and your friends. I only have you.

6. Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don’t understand your words, I understand your voice.

7. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget.

8. Remember before you hit me that I have sharp teeth that could easily hurt you, but I choose not to bite you because I love you.

9. Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I might not be getting the right food, or I have been out too long, or my heart is getting too old and weak.

10. Take care of me when I get old. You too will grow old. Accompany me on difficult journeys. Never say: “I cannot bear to watch” or “Let it happen in my absence.” Everything is easier for me if you are there—even my death.

talk about tugging on the heart strings. that list is very well put together.

• Like 1

Words will never take yogi's place,just rest assured that he is in a better place,and you will come together at a later date.So sorry

I can relate to your sorrow.........I lost my companion of 16 years (Buddy) a few years ago and it took me 2 years before I recovered enough to get another doggie! (Sadie) Yogi must have been a wonderful pal! You know.....dogs have a lot to teach us............like unconditional Love! Hang in there buddy..........Yogi still loves you!

Take care and have a wonderful Holiday season!

John

post-414-0-19475700-1387242478_thumb.jpg

post-414-0-67188600-1387242729_thumb.jpg