Sign in to follow this  
Bucks N Bulls

what windshield do you run on your polaris ranger

I was wondering what windshield you guys run on your utv here in az. I have been looking at the kolpin full windshield that tilts. I have seen mixed reviews. We are in the desert with some pretty rough terrain. So do you run with glass or some lexan windshield? i read most reviews about brackets being cheap or windshields rattle. Then i also think about flying rocks or mesquite branches hitting windshield as well. They are pretty expensive so i thought i would see what you guys have to say. Thanks!

Sean

I run the half windshield on my Ranger. Cold and wet in the winter but a full windshield in the summer is an oven. I can always put on more clothes to stay warm, but driving around in your skivvies in the summer attracts too much unwanted attention.

• Like 1

I have tried them all and did not like any of them. I have a canvas top and no windshield and love it. Get wet when it rains and if it is cold I layer up and slow down.

I went out in the ranger in december las year for my wifes deer hunt. It was really cold and we got pretty wet. We were pretty far away and you could tell hypothermia was setting in. And we were bundled up good. She has a dec hunt again this year and decided i should make her feel more comfortable.other then that i really dont see a use for one any other time of year.figured i would put it on for stuff like that then take it off for everything else.Too funny singleshot.

My dad and I have a full windshield that tilts at the bottom, a hard top, and a rear cover like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Accessories-18-029-010401-00-SC-Quadgear-Extreme/dp/B002TI9IDQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383934114&sr=8-1&keywords=ranger+back+window

At first, the dust was unbearable and we could not figure out why. We put the rear cover on, and the dust went to zero. Not to hot in the summer and not too cold in the winter.

My dad and I run a hardtop with a windshield that tilts. We bought a windshield that tilts and didn't like it so we welded up frames for the plastic window (lexan?), and made our own tilting brackets, they stand up 10000x better then before, super beefy, looks great and is super strong. Very functional. This is the second ranger we have done it on.

I haven't seen a company that makes a decent one yet.

If i do get a windshield i will get that rearcover for sure. Thats one of the things im afraid of is the mounting brackets and hardware that comes with these windshields.For the money they want you would think they would offer steel or aluminum.

Adding a windshield will increase the dust 1000%. You will need to find a way to leave it partially vented or a rear window like what Casey posted.

Agreed, but I don't feel the rear windshield ever helped, dust also comes in from behind the seat.

We just push a blanket between the bench seat and the part you put your back against. Helps drastically. Also with being partially vented.