Sign in to follow this  
jeremiah lindsey

calling in the rut

i want to go trophy hunting in january for whitetail down south and i was wondering if grunt calls will stop bucks and bring them in or if it will makem flag and flee

I've had good luck with the coues call from Modern Call Products, these guys are out of Buckeye. Never used it during archery, I go for mulies, but I have used it during rifle season and it stops all deer once, small bucks and does multiple times. I put the o-ring between the B & U on the reed.

I've had good luck with the coues call from Modern Call Products, these guys are out of Buckeye. Never used it during archery, I go for mulies, but I have used it during rifle season and it stops all deer once, small bucks and does multiple times. I put the o-ring between the B & U on the reed.

Jeeze what a confusing website. Which call do you use?

I have had luck using an estrus bleet. I think it's the Primos Can. Brought a bedded January buck on a dead butt run from 300 yards away.

• Like 1

Calling coues deer is like calling elk it's not the call you use it's knowing when and how to use it and no matter what the experience level of the hunter there is a certain amount of luck involved good luck on your venture

I agree on the confusing web site. I see one coues call and it is simply called, Coues deer hands free. Is this the one you guys are using? or is there one called grunt model?

Thanks

Mark

Has anyone herd a coues grunt? Buddy of mine bow hunts and he swears by the grunt call. Said it got them close enough to get a shot off.

The "coues deer hands free" is the one I have. Haven't had the opportunity to test it yet....this January.

I'll be trying to rattle in a buck this year. I'm not terribly optimistic. But I'll have a bow in my hand a tag in my pocket and for that I am thankful.