Sign in to follow this  
Guest AZ>NMcouesaddict

Accidental Coues in NM

Guest AZ>NMcouesaddict

Here's a deer a friend of mine took a few days ago. He was hunting in a unit that does not distinguish coues from muleys, so any three point is legal. He was looking to bust a big muley when he came across this deer. He took one look with his binos and seen three points so he shot it, never realizing it was a coues until he walked up on it. Since he starting working for me, I've tried to convince him that he needed to try and hunt the coues. Guess he didn't need my help. Anyways, it's a very beautiful deer and we took some pictures at my house last night of just the rack. When he develops his 35mm film we'll scan some photos and post them. What would you all guess on a score?

Briancoues.jpg

Briancoues1.jpg

103 gross/96 net...

What a way to get a Coues..thinking you're shooting a small carp and it turns out to be a whopper of whitey.

-Shiras

Real close to 100", freakin NICE!!!!!!!!

Nice buck bet he was excited.

The dude in the picture looks like he may have forgotten his toilet paper. And sacrificed the old sleeve instead of the sock.

Been there done that.

Dan

The dude in the picture looks like he may have forgotten his toilet paper. And sacrificed the old sleeve instead of the sock.

Been there done that.

Dan

ahahaahah That was the first thing I noticed and thought :D What is wrong with us?