I know there has been a lot of talk with broadheads and it seems like I have started to follow the fancy 40 to 45 dollar ones recently. Rage, nap blood runners, nap kill zones. Lately I've been thinking about going back to the ol stingers because they are 10 bucks cheaper. They have always shot straight for me. Might be going back to the simpler the better. What is everyone else's experiences with them?

If your looking for fancy broadheads go for the Swhackers you cant never go wrong with that. Those puppies are serious business bro. But I have always said to go with what works for you best.

• Like 4

I have put in a lot of time with the shwackers and really like how they fly at 50-60 yards. They are $25 or so for a pack of 3. There are positives and negatives to every broadbead but I have been very impressed to say the least with my shwackers. Never once had an issue with flight, deployment and/or penetration.

• Like 1

Go with Muzzys....cant go wrong....shot all the fancy ones for years....went back to good ol muzzys....what do you know...they kill just as good as the rest of them!....

Try slick tricks. Good sharp shooting broad heads. Fly like field points and 30 bucks. Killed 360 bull, 180muley, and 4 javelina with it. All passing through the animals. Finding my arrows fully engulfed with blood. Not mechanical. All shot from 20-70 yards. Almost same design as muzzy and wackers. Just my opinion.

• Like 3

I shoot Wasp always have and see no reason to change. They are now $25-30 per 3 which is getting up there in price, but my bow loves them

the only requirements I have are:

do they fly well?

are they strong?

are they scary sharp?

are they straight?

do they give me confidence?

The above criteria disqualifies a lot.

Beyond that, I could care less about cost or brand.

• Like 2

Broadheads are like bullets... One of the most important parts of the hunt, so why try and go cheap? I've never understood that. There are so many parts of a hunt that one can not control, why not use the best piece possible that is responsible for the killing of the animal?

• Like 1

I agree broadheads are extremely important. I'm just thinking lately why spend almost double on a rage when a stinger does the same thing just with a small cutting diameter. Just wondering if anyone else is thinking the same way.

I will only use all steel heads. Shot nap nitrons for years and killed more than a couple big animals with them but they are discontinued now. I switched to g5 t3 me chanicals this year and it devastated the muley I shot at 32 yards. Made a 1.5 inch hole and blew through that deer like it wasn't even there.

The magnus stinger is a great broadhead. They can be a little finicky at higher speeds (>285 fps) they might require a little more fletch and tuning but I doubt you can find a much deeper penetrating head. I would look to the 4 blade to keep overall blade surface/true cutting area up.

They are still the only broadhead I know of that has a lifetime guarantee.

If the lower cost lets you practice with your broadheads more and build confidence, then it is a great idea.

I've never had a dead/dying creature use it's last breath to praise my broadhead selection.

Dead is dead, no one design kills them deader.

I know there has been a lot of talk with broadheads and it seems like I have started to follow the fancy 40 to 45 dollar ones recently. Rage, nap blood runners, nap kill zones. Lately I've been thinking about going back to the ol stingers because they are 10 bucks cheaper. They have always shot straight for me. Might be going back to the simpler the better. What is everyone else's experiences with them?

bass pro shops brand blackout fixed blades. got them on sale for 19.99.

SHWACKER'S only head I use, unless I am hunting rabbits.

• Like 2

Just like I tell my crew when they are operating chainsaws. It's not the saw. It's the operator. Just like hunting. It's not the broad head it's the hunter. Lol. Go with what your comfortable with and take it seriously regardless of cost etc. U tha man willyhunts2

• Like 2