trphyhntr

Where My Blue Ridge People?

Where are the moderators for this thread? Didn't know throwin f bombs around on here was up cwt alleys.

• Like 3

I hope you're not serious. Nice cheap shot your team pulled on the punt. The refs screwed that up or we would have ran it back for a touchdown. I'd be upset too if I had no first downs and down 17-0 at halftime.

I hope you're not serious. Nice cheap shot your team pulled on the punt. The refs screwed that up or we would have ran it back for a touchdown. I'd be upset too if I had no first downs and down 17-0 at halftime.

The AIA put kibosh on that other video link :( hope BR defense keeps it up.

Brian

Yeah that was a cheap shot. Stupid on our part. Gets frustrating when 174 yds are lossed due to penalties. 7 blue ridge first downs from penalties..really?

Congrats- you guys rocked!

Congratulations to the Blue Ridge Yellowjackets on earning their Division IV Football State Championship, they played well and were the better team tonight. Congratulations to RVHS for representing well and being the worthy opponent. Good luck to both programs in 2014!

Jim

Wow, just freaking WOW - this team - I've known these boys since they were little kids. Nobody thought they had a prayer this year. I'll tell you this, the fine young men on that team I know very well, and their parents, and the coaching staff - all top notch, inspirational individuals. The unbelievable win against Show Low, last week provided the inspiration for such a young team to go all the way - and my hat is off to Show Low, I can't remember a better team - man for man, talent against talent, excellent coaching for both teams, Show Low has built an amazing team. Had they won in the semi-finals, they would have taken home the state trophy.

I'm super proud of these young men and what they have accomplished. If you don't know, Blue Ridge football is an obsession goes a long way backl Huge kudos out to Dain Thompson, Bill and Bob, big shout out to Pual whom I considered a mentor.

Coaching goes a long way, and making a state championship team out of young players is very hard to do.

The young men who just won the right to be called champions are just kids, but I have seen them work extremely hard, I've seen their parents working equally hard,

My hat is off tonight to every Show Low cougar player, parent and coach - your sons played with incredible heart, and made our whole community proud.

And for the jackets, wow, you little guys continue to amasze. So much heart. So much heart. That's how little guys keep on winning - by believing you are 7 feet tall and 400 pounds when you are 5'10 and 140 soaking wet - wtih the heart of a lion. That is true inspiration, and you young men have earned some serious respect.

• Like 1

I was there rooting on my elks it just wasn't meant to be I suppose but we couldnt be prouder of our team.Can't make mistakes and try an play catch up with an offense like Yuma catholic. I want to say congrats to them. Way to get your recruiting done.... hmmmm now for blue ridge. What is there to even say other than why did anybody EVER doubt you... its like the uncle ted quote" where have we seen this."