Sign in to follow this  
rkv09

Opening Morning Bull

Glassed some bulls up opening morning and put a stock on them but they feed over the ridge by the time I got into range. I found some more bulls on another ridge. Worked my way over the them and jump one out of his bed. I ran after him and saw him running up the next ridge over. I pulled up my 7mm and dropped him in his tracks at 3 pm. I started working on him and my hunting party(packers really) showed up around 5pm. We got him quartered up and packed out a some meat that night, got back to camp at 10pm, headed back up to him Saturday morning, boned him and packed him out. It was my first elk hunt and my first bull and I am very happy with him. I want to thank Adam (Big Browns) for meeting up with me and showing me some spots in the unit and I hope to help him with his Dec coues hunt down here.

post-5508-0-01783700-1385941985_thumb.jpg

This is the only pic I took because I want to get as much done before it got dark on me. He was a 5x5 but one point is broke off.

Good Trade. Elk for coues information swap.

Great bull. Congrats on a great late season bull

Zbar I think you got me confused with somebody else. I ate my bear tag this year and my wife is stuck on a trophy hunt so in about ten years she will get her unit 1 early hunt but thank you for the congrats.

Very awesome and congrats on your first bull!