Redman

Hunt Sucess

Redman

My son and I have returned from his first hunt. Same "undesired" coues unit, same desired results. My son is 10 years old and shot a nice 3x3. He connected on his second shot at 150 yds.

What a trooper, he never complained about the hills, the cold, just a little about the stickers. He also did not know what to think about the gutting process..... a quote from him " I play my Xbox and I have shot many things, but I never see real blood, I guess I really killed him"... I think he now realizes what death is..

Boy, to all you fathers, mothers, uncles, friends, etc who have taken a kid hunting..... you deserve a lot of credit..... I hope your rewards are as great as mine.

I would also like to thank all the folks who teach the hunter safety course (by the way who are volunteers), the Sportsman's Warehouse (for hosting the class), and the Game and Fish folks for putting on the hunter safety class.

Redman/Redman Jr.

post-295-1163474746_thumb.jpg

That is great Redman, makes me feel good that you got him away from the video games for a little real life.

I am pretty young still, but I wonder what all these kids growing up in this technological age think about death, when all they got to expereince it on is run by a controller with bottons, lol.

Keep that boy goin to the woods!!!

I think that hunting the real thing was sort of like an XBucks....

Great first buck there.

Man what a great accomplishment. Your boy has a great memory to remember with his dad. Now in 10 years or so the rolls will change and he will be taking you hunting :P

NICE! Congrats to your son! And you to! My son took his first this year also. So I'm right there with you on cloud nine!

Man, that's awesome. Congratulations to both of you. I bet you were just as excited as he was. I'm 25 and I still go hunting with my dad, I love it. I can't wait until my kids are old enough to go with me. That's a great first buck also.....great job redman jr.

Redman.

That is incredible! Your family is raising the success rate for the whole unit. Maybe more people are going to put in for that 'desireable' deer unit next year. Congratulations.

Bob

That is pretty cool! You have just helped you son grow up a little in the best way possable. Lfe is beautiful!

Congrats!

:ph34r:

Thanks for all the replies, my son is surprised how many people replied and viewed this topic. He really wants his picture up at Sportsman's.

Younghunter, you are correct. I think of it as a down payment. I have already told him he owes me 1 deer pack out and gutting. Hopefully we can run that number up to 4 or 5 in the next few hunts before he is self sufficient. Not too mention the camp setup and tear down.....

The normal phrase is take a kid hunting...but for all you 25-40 year olds, the saying can also be "take your dad hunting" ...

Redman

Congrats to you and your son, something that neither of you will ever forget, great job.

YEA BABY!!! That's what I LOVE to see! :D :D :D

My son got his first deer last seson on the Kiabab youth hunt (a doe...), and has the 36A Junior hunt this year. We are heading-out this weekend, and he can't wait to get a chance at a buck this year.

BIG congrats & kudos to you & Redman Jr. Memories of a lifetime!

S.

:)