coues krazy

javelina processing

Pit Bar B Que, or clean them up really well and throw them on the grill and then go eat your tree out back.

I have heard that you take your javalina and marinate it all night in beer. When you get up in the morning put it in the crockpot and let it cook all day. When you get home after work, make a good salad, and potatoes, put the venison on the grill, take the javalina out of the crockpot and eat the venison and crockpot. Put the javalina in the trash. :D

I have heard that you take your javalina and marinate it all night in beer. When you get up in the morning put it in the crockpot and let it cook all day. When you get home after work, make a good salad, and potatoes, put the venison on the grill, take the javalina out of the crockpot and eat the venison and crockpot. Put the javalina in the trash. :D

But that means you wasted some beer :P

I agree with the pit BBQ and do not forget about the chorizo.

I never have like the little RODENTS very well and don't know of anyone who would mess with them.

I've had it ground-up & mixed w/ scrambled eggs. Wasn't bad (of course it wasn't great either :blink: ). Haven't tried it yet, but here it's really good as sausage. I'll be able to tell you for sure after January :D !

Southwestern Processors in Queen Creek. Either have it all made into sausage by them, or have them grind the whole thing into burger and make your own sausage at home. We also mix the ground 50/50 with cheap hamburger (more fat the better) and use it in chili. Tastes fine.

I took one to 4 Peaks processing one time. The sausage they made sucked big time. I thought, ok, it's a javelina, maybe it was just rank. I then took an Antelope to them and the sausage they made out of it was even WORSE. They didn't even use a sausage casing, just a log of meat and spices baked into a freakin railroad spike. It's still in the freezer, 4 years later.

I am saving it incase I need a new axle for me quad trailer! :D

I've never understood why many people do not like javelina? I prefer it over deer and elk. I just cut off steaks and barbeque them. They have no gamey taste like elk and deer have. I've eaten 3 different javelina and all 3 of them ahve been delicious. My family also agrees.

I've never understood why many people do not like javelina? I prefer it over deer and elk. I just cut off steaks and barbeque them. They have no gamey taste like elk and deer have. I've eaten 3 different javelina and all 3 of them ahve been delicious. My family also agrees.

do you process it yourself? I have found that even deer taste better when I process it myself rather than take it to someone else.

I've always had Southwestern game processing grind mine up into sausage with good results. They have several different styles available. Breakfast sausage, Italian susage, Polish sausage, Brautwaurst, etc.

Anyone know of a meat processor that does Javelina? If so, what are the best cuts to have made?

I bone the whole thing out and take the meat to The Sausage Shop in Tucson and have beer sticks made. Best suasge in Arizona!!!

Southwestern Processors in Queen Creek. Either have it all made into sausage by them, or have them grind the whole thing into burger and make your own sausage at home. We also mix the ground 50/50 with cheap hamburger (more fat the better) and use it in chili. Tastes fine.

I took one to 4 Peaks processing one time. The sausage they made sucked big time. I thought, ok, it's a javelina, maybe it was just rank. I then took an Antelope to them and the sausage they made out of it was even WORSE. They didn't even use a sausage casing, just a log of meat and spices baked into a freakin railroad spike. It's still in the freezer, 4 years later.

I am saving it incase I need a new axle for me quad trailer! :D

I have taken all my meat to 4 peaks for the last 5 years or so & have had no problems.

I have taken 3 javelina to them & had italian sausage (in casings) made out of all of them & it's delicious!!!

My wife & kids loved it too, I highly recommend them. Bret

It depends on what they been eatin'... When their eating a bunch of those wild onions, their awful... I've had em when they have been really good too... That is assuming you got em skinned and cooled off quick...