bonecollector

Early December buck 2013

With high hopes for this hunt I couldnt wait to get out of town. I spent the morning and early afternoon on thanksgiving day with my wife and girls then I was off to check cams before the sun set. My cams did not produce anything good but I knew there were a couple shooters in the area from previous scouting trips.

Day 1, 2, 3, and 4 came and went with only seeing does and 1 spike. Frustration sets in and I decide to take a break and head home for a day and return the next to finish out the hunt.

Well day 5, 6, and 7were pretty much like the previous 4 days of hunting.

Day 8 comes and I decide the night before this will be my last day hunting. We head out to an area I was familiar with but haven't been to on this hunt yet. We get to the area and load everything up in the rhino and go to take off but the rhino will not start. Just my luck I was thinking my last day of hunting and the morning is now shot. We head back to town and drop the rhino off at my uncles house and head back out. We take our time since the morning is pretty much shot. As we are driving I spot a spike and 2 does just standing there at 40 yds broadside. I just chuckle to myself as I told my uncle earlier that I wouldnt shoot a spike even though its my last day. Well we continue on our trek to get to the spot that I had planned on earlier that morning. We finally arrive and setup our glass. My uncle goes around the corner and I start glassing the hillside where we parked. 15 min goes by and my uncle comes and gets me says he some deer spotted. I setup my glass to see what he spotted and I only see 3 does but 1 of the does is acting like something is below them. I keep watching her and all of a sudden the doe takes off running down hill after something and that something is a buck. I said thats a "shooter" let me get my gun and we will try to get closer. We head down the ridge and all of a sudden someone is standing there. Disappointment sat in real fast thinking game over. We talked to the other hunter and he was a class act all the way and he even let me use his LR rifle to put this buck down (Thanks Speedygoss). After a little adventure I was able to wrap my tag around this buck and I couldnt be happier. He is not a great scoring buck but I love his character. The taxidermist scores him at 88 as a Non Typical if he did it right he said. Thx for reading.

post-3465-0-14384700-1386873650_thumb.jpg

post-3465-0-90393100-1386873686_thumb.jpg

post-3465-0-02075400-1386874033_thumb.jpg

post-3465-0-18420400-1386874070_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Congrats on that unique buck!

Congratulations on a great buck! The character on that bad boy is awesome! Following your posts it sounds like it was tough out there and you came through in a big way! Way to go. Looking forward to the story.

Good job bro...considering a tough hunt. Glad u got it done. Very unique buck. Looks like a good shot as well. Congrats.

You give more kudos than anyone here on CWT, at least from what I have noticed. Along with the hard work, you deserve that awesome buck man. Congratulations!

What a unique looking buck! Congrats man!