Sign in to follow this  
Coues assassin

New rig

Well I just got a new browning xbolt 7mm paired with a vortex viper HS 4-16x44 for Christmas. I have been wanting to start shooting long ranges so this should be good to start it seems. A few questions though. Any suggestions on factory loads? Also suggestion on bipod I will more than likely be shooting prone most of the time.

Does anyone else have experience with this gun and how you like it? Or maybe the scope?

post-11647-0-59237900-1388120279_thumb.jpg

Long range and factory ammo dont usually go together as the consistency isn't guaranteed to be there round after round like it is with reloads.

HSM ammo is excellent! Better than most people handload!

hsm factory ammo loads are loaded with berger bullet which are great for long range. i do not use a bipod it induces to much errror. in shooting competiton - using a bipod is harder than off of a sand bag and pedistal.

hsm factory ammo loads are loaded with berger bullet which are great for long range. i do not use a bipod it induces to much errror. in shooting competiton - using a bipod is harder than off of a sand bag and pedistal.

I am very new to long range shooting, so if you don't use a bipod (that's what I was planning on using) what do you use while in the field?

Awesome setup. Go with HSM like the others said but you will probably be buying some reloading equipment if you get serious.

As for bipods I would say a Harris swivel model or an Atlas. I shoot off bipods in the field so that is how I practice. Good luck and safe shooting!

I have that scope it is very clear and dials accurately each and every time. Great setup you have. If you can swing it I would try to get some reloading equipment not just for mor precise loads but for the cost of ammo if your going to shoot very much. Also there is much satisfaction the comes with making your own ammo Tailored to your setup.

Good luck and have fun.