Sign in to follow this  
kimberx2

help track a lost buck

Shot a nice 3x3 this morning at 10am. Shot looked good but not complete pass through. Found first 2/3 of arrow after 100yds. Then tracked small blood trail for 150 more then nothing.. remember someone using a dog to track an elk earlier this year. Does anyone have a tracking dog in seligman/Kingman area? Thought I would ask. Doing circles after circles now. Thanx....

Not sure what the terrain is like but look straight down hill from the last blood. A buddy of mine smoked a great buck we followed an ample trail for 60yds digaonal up hill and then nothing. I stood up to stretch and look around and the deer was 30 yds straight down hill. I guess he stumbled, jumped, fell whatever and covered that last 30yds without dropping any blood. So, go to the last blood and look at a 90 degree angle. He just might be right there.

Here we go again.....

That was a great 80's tune by Whitesnake, but why bring it up here? Discussion of rock and roll songs belong in the Campfire section.

• Like 8

/>

Here we go again.....

That was a great 80's tune by Whitesnake, but why bring it up here? Discussion of rock and roll songs belong in the Campfire section.

That is awesome!😆

• Like 1

Thanx for the positive responses. I found him a couple days later thanks to the ravens. Smelled really bad but I caped the head hope it will be OK. Was bigger than I thought. I thought good sized 3x but didn't notice the small forks in the 8 or 9 seconds I saw him before the shot. Ended up being a 5x4. Around 170". So keep after it everyone. He was 500 yards the opposite way that he was initially traveling..

• Like 1

Very cool! Never give up!!