Sign in to follow this  
deserthntr

Last Chance 2013 buck

Well i was able to head out and try to kill a buck with my bow new years eve... glassed a doe and fawn first thing, and then didnt started to get discouraged till i glassed a forky muley pushin around 6 does around 10 am. I got to 100 yds when this coues buck came in and chased off the muley and stole his muley does! I got to 60 yds while the coues was chasin the muley buck away and then a doe led him to 40 yds from me. i drew down and smoked him, so he decided to make a 150 yd death run to the bottom of the canyon of course... watched him go down and watched him a few min to make sure he was down for good. He's nothin huge but I am very happy with him, and was able to continue a 7 yr deer killing streak, hopefully this next season makes 8! the pictures were taken with my phone so i hope the quality is good. i have 3 more deer i helped get killed this year ill post up when i get the chance to type up a story.

post-3309-0-31276700-1388639845_thumb.jpg

post-3309-0-26902800-1388640002_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

That's an awesome buck! Way to get 'er done. Congratulations on your success. Sounds like it was a tough pack out of there.

it was a heavy 2 mile pack out but i was ready to do it again this morning, but not as much luck. i forgot my rangefinder in my truck and didnt realize it until i was about to draw down on another buck, misjudged the distance and shot 6 inches over his back. thanks for the kind words!

Wow, that is a very nice buck. Congratulations.

Cool looking buck! Congrats to ya! Drew down on two bucks in two days!? Man, that sounds awesome!

Congratulations on a nice buck. Good mass and tine length on him.

Great Job on an Awesome buck, 7 years in a row is awesome especially when you are 20 or 21 how ever old you are. I'm impressed Conor.

Houston

I know you've killed some good bucks with your bow, is this your first Coues? or did you shoot a small one a few years ago? I can't remember, way cool.