Sign in to follow this  
carpcody

Stick and string buck

So I was able to get out of work a little early Thursday and head out to the desert for some afternoon hunting time. I was able to glass a few does bedded a ways out but couldn't tell if there was anything with them or not. I decided that the rutt was going too strong right now for them to be alone. So I went ahead and committed to a stalk and hopping a buck would stand before I got there. About half way there I spotted the buck up and pushing a doe pretty good, so I kicked it in gear and got to my cut off point. Once there I had to do a little searching but found the buck and doe in a wash just below me. I dropped down and was able to close the gap to 40 yards. Before the shot the doe busted me but the buck didn't seem to care much at all. His mistake. He continued with his nose to the ground. Once he stopped I sent the rage brodhead through his shoulders and he piled up about 40 yards after the shot. To say I was pumped is an understatement, this is my first kill with my bow and I couldn't be happier with my buck. He's no book champ but definitely the best satisfaction that I have had while hunting. There is such a rush to hunting with a bow. I can't wait to do it again!

post-8826-0-79883400-1389454243_thumb.jpg

post-8826-0-62855300-1389454423_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Nice job. All in a days work

Congratulations! I think I saw that.buck as well. I shot mine one day before you. Anyways congratulations thats a cool looking deer

That is a champ in my book!

Fantastic, congrats on your first archery buck!

Nice deer. Congrats. I love that feeling of seeing and hearing your arrow disappear into the vitals for the first time. Something you will never forget. Good job.