Sign in to follow this  
Xforcebaby

new 15 x 56 slc HD

I was in Bass Pro over the weekend and they said they have been told sometime in March for them although they may be available from other places. I'd email Doug or call Neil at Cameraland.

I got to look through these at Outdoorsmans last week. Compared them side by side with my "old" SLC 15's. I didn't see a huge difference, specially for the price. But once all of the discontinued SLC's are gone you don't get a choice any more. I'm sure if you put them on a tripod next to eachother, at first or last light and out of the city you'll probably see a bigger difference between the two, but standing next to cave creek road looking through the phoenix haze at the nearest mountain it's hard to see much of a difference.

Guest 300ultramag.

Those binos are sooo 2 weeks ago- it's all about the 12-16x62 Zeiss range classics that are going to be the go to bino- if they would only start making them

• Like 1

I paid for mine nearly 2 months ago, still waiting to get them. Will do a review beside the old 15x56 SLC and 15x geovid when I get them.

I got to look through these at Outdoorsmans last week. Compared them side by side with my "old" SLC 15's. I didn't see a huge difference, specially for the price. But once all of the discontinued SLC's are gone you don't get a choice any more. I'm sure if you put them on a tripod next to eachother, at first or last light and out of the city you'll probably see a bigger difference between the two, but standing next to cave creek road looking through the phoenix haze at the nearest mountain it's hard to see much of a difference.

I looked thru the same ones last week and I felt that they were a lot brighter.

I believe the "HD" stands for High Dollar or Huge Dent in your wallet.

• Like 2

I have not tried them but I have read a number of reviews. Feedback seems to be mixed so it looks like some folks with a lot of expertise or eyes sensitive to the changes can see the slight differences. I am still using the original 15x56 and still love them but will probably try out the 12's for my next set instead of the new-new 15's. I think the best news will be all the guys that can pick up the older version for less than $1,500 when people upgrade. Even by Swaro's numbers the changes are small, the length and 4 position eye cups are welcome changes.

Summary of Swaro numbers

7% lighter (42.3 vs 45.5oz)

6% more light transmission (93 vs 88)

15x56 SLC's 216mm vs HD 15x56 192mm long (almost 1")

23% more eye relief (16.0 mm vs 13mm)

Wider Field of View (234 ft @ 1000 yds vs 231)

4 Position Eyecups

Improved edge to edge clarity (not sure if there is a measurement)

Guest wdenike
I believe the "HD" stands for High Dollar or Huge Dent in your wallet.

ROFLMAO. I can't wait to hear all the BS about the ones that a short time ago were absolutely the best money could buy, and if ya didn't have them ya weren't going to be able to spot game. :rolleyes: But now will become unworthy to carry to the mountain. :P I'll stick with my Kiababs :o . After all I noticed that while glassing elk for my grandson and his dad. That I was able to spot elk in the morning before they were able to see them through their rifle scopes!!! Does everyone think they need to buy > than 3000 dollar scopes. :blink: :rolleyes: Or do ya just flat think it may have been well before legal shooting time???? :o :o :o When do ya all high rollers think good becomes good enough?? :blink: :blink:

Take care, Willie