Sign in to follow this  
swaro06

Sneeky feet

Wayne Carlton's Cat Paws or Sneaky Feet. Not sure where to buy them anymore but they work pretty well when the leaves are like rice crispies, you know...snap, crackle, pop!

Just go look around in any of the southern units under trees and in washes. They are just lying around. I think the Border Patrol calls them carpet booties. And they are free!

post-8974-0-85941700-1390001647.jpg

stealth walkers is what I have been using with great success...they are made locally too.....about 40 bucks

• Like 1

Im not sure what they are called, most likely cat paws but they are made of a thick felt and have nylon with Velcro straps to hold them on. those straps hold tight to your boots and dont allow them to slip. Most archery shops and sporting good stores carry them. However they do wear out as the felt gets compressed when you walk on them. Rather than throw them out I cut out a piece of carpet to size and then hot glued the carpet to the felt. To date they are the quietest set of sneaky feet I have ever used and they go everywhere with me. I like to use them as a butt pad on cold rocks when I sit and glass. I have also noticed an increase in traction even on granite type terrain or pine needles.

GBA