Sign in to follow this  
Kaffer62

300 win mag

Does anyone have a good recipe for a 300 win mag? Looking at accuracy more so than speed.

74.0-76.5 H1000, 208 amax, 210 ALR, 210 VLD, 215 VLD. Federal 210m primers.

Imr 7828, Imr and H 4831, RL 22 are also popular. Retumbo for speed.

• Like 1

I'd have to check my notes for the exact load but I have a pet load for a 180 accubond and a 200g Sierra game king if you interested.

Yeah, if you wouldn't mind I would appreciate all and any info provided.

Thanks!

how about coal? anybody doing anything shorter then 3.340?

i'm trying to find a good load for sierra gameking 180grain and nosler partition 180 grain. the only powder i could buy was imr 7828.

I know that every rifle likes different loads. I experimented with three different powders using the same bullet, and out of the three H1000, H4350 and H4831 SC the H4831 was the best for my Ruger. Here is the load 185 grain Bergers Hunting VLD's, with 71 grains of H4831 SC, OAL 3.35, Neck crimped .332, Nosler Brass, Win Primer. Shoots just under 1 MOA at 100 yards. PM me if you need to find some powder

76 Gr H1000 with 208 Amax has been deadly accurate for me. I have shot that load out to 1100 yards with great results. I have not developed a good elk load, I'm still waiting for that tag :) I have played with a longer coal but have never tried to shorten it so can't help you there maximus. Kaffer, you are on the right track with accuracy stick with bullets with high bc if you want to go long.

Both of my loads are with h1000. unfortunately every time I remember to look in my notebook for the recipe I'm not at home

My ruger m77mk2 takes 75g of h1000 col 3.4 with a 180g nosler accubon WLR primers

My pro hunter takes 77g of h1000 col 3.4 with a 200g sierra game king also with WLR primers.

Both loads shoot better than I do.