Sign in to follow this  
apache12

Confirmed. There are no pigs in unit 21 :)

So my 10 year old has a jr tag this Week in 21 and i have been struggling to find pig or sign off dugas road and thankfully Desert Bull on the site gave me some help

Anyway yesterday i was off bloody basin and no seeing much sign when i ran into game and fish and i thought great now i can get some help from theses guys

Well they both looked at me and said good luck. I talked to them for 15 min. And they really painted a poor picture. Great guys but wow scary outlook

I was having the same problem last year not finding any pigs and it took me like 10 full days in different areas until I caught them, Now I trip over them all the time. Just keep looking, where you were your were in the right place but up there you need to get off the road a ways and find some drainages.

Thanks. It will be fun its my youngest boys first hunt so success is going to be gauged in smiles. I hope we find some just so we can talk about our plan of how to stalk in. Harvest will just be a bonus but i do hope we see some for his fun

just to let you know i have been watching a small group of pigs in 21 since jan 1st waiting for HAM hunt to open.

last weekend i watched them sleep in the trees for over 2hrs .they stayed beded till i left and i left the hillside at 10;30 in the am.

if my wife would not have caught one of the little ones movement we more than likely would not have spotted them.

i do not know how fast you are glassing a area but this year i have really slowed down and watched around every tree.

good luck on your hunt.

P.S. we are only 260 yards from them and they are still hard to see.

I wished I knew some info for that unit. I would let a full grown man fend for himself, but the thought of a kid getting into some pigs makes me smile.

• Like 1

Try near the river! and any water ! Looking like its gonna be the driest winter in history. The pigs will be near by! I hope you get your son a javelina!!

I used to have great luck on the basin floor in the mustang mountains!! Good luck!!

try by the rivewr across from 22, or joe's mountian, and don't ask the games, they don't like giving up much info, they sometimes forget who they work for. go get um