Sign in to follow this  

Bowfishing

I was curious when everyone will start bowfishing this year? Is it at end of February that the carp become more visable? Any body shot a catfish yet? I would imagine that the only way to shoot catfish would be at night? I have hardly seen them in the day. I am fairly new to bowfishing, but can not wait to start flinging away again this year.

• Like 1

I just keep an eye on water temps. As they get to about 64 degrees is when I start hitting the water. Usually mid March is when you'll find the carp at pleasant rolling(spawning) in the backs of coves. If you don't mind shooting a lot of small fish (5-8lbs) its a blast! As for catfish, not sure if anyone has stuck any yet. I see most catfish at night but then again I've seen them during the day too. Remember, its only legal to shoot cats in the salt chain!

• Like 1

Travis Frazier was the first that I know of to shoot a catfish last week!!!!!!! The shooting is still slow but should get going here within the next month!!!!!!! Can't wait ill be on the water for 3 days in about two weeks!!!!!! Workbook Hooooo

• Like 1

I fished several hours Saturday and Sunday (yesterday) in and around the Salt inlet of Roosevelt.

Lots of carp, some big ones too, starting to surface all over the place.

Thanks for the info, how was the water visibility? I'm guessing it was pretty clear with so little run off, although I guess that will change this weekend with the rain.

Thanks for the info, how was the water visibility? I'm guessing it was pretty clear with so little run off, although I guess that will change this weekend with the rain.

Pretty darn clear.

I had one huge carp come up near the boat while I was trolling in 50 foot of water and I watched him for what looked like 4 feet or so after he went back under. Spent a little time trolling in the sticks near the salt inlet buoy line (running N/S between Grapevine and Schoolhouse) and water clarity wasn't near as good but still carp noticeable, everywhere. The biggins were out with the grebes in the middle of the lake between Windy Hill and Grapevine, that 40-50 foot depth range.

Gonna give pleasent a try soon at night, will keep you all posted. Hopefully no mechanical errors cause it will be the first carp run of the year, something always goes wrong.

Camofreak, are you guys going to shoot the Bill Luke shoot again this year? Its March 15th and 16th. Hope to see you guys out there!

I'm not sure yet, I don't really want to take work off, so I might just go shoot at night that weekend anyway, or depending on the spawn I might go out one of the mornings.

I didn't really like the way the bowfishing part of the tourny was setup last year. So I'd rather just go out and have fun and shoot crap.

Hey camofreak its being ran by jim ridge this year and will be done a lot better. Its going to be big 20. Bring in your biggest 10 fish each day and big fish each day. 100% payback

I don't have a flyer but you'll see all of us in the same area as last year. I believe registration goes till 730 am Saturday morning. And Dom is right. Jimmy Ridge is running the shoot and it will be better/more organized than last years!

Cool Cool! I dont know who Jimmy Ridge is, but its hard for me to turn down events like this, so ill probably be there haha!

Any idea what the buy in is per team?