Sign in to follow this  

Bowfishing

Know it doesn't help now but four weeks ago there were thousands upon thousands of carp spawning in the Agua Fria...it was ridiculous...I got tired of taking them off the arrow...they may still be in there I dont know I havent been back

IMG_20130326_183202_zpsd04e2cee.jpg

IMG_20130329_092747_008_zps9eeedef3.jpg

IMG_20130329_100519_066_zps292728ca.jpg

20140322_105004_zps84493804.jpg

20140314_162910_zps334976c8.jpg

I am interested in hearing the same. I just started and just haven't figured it out yet. Would love to get out with a few others if anyone has plans and doesn't mind.

I don't have lights yet, looking on to it.

I got skunked at pleasant even seeing fish last month.

/>I am interested in hearing the same. I just started and just haven't figured it out yet. Would love to get out with a few others if anyone has plans and doesn't mind.

I don't have lights yet, looking on to it.

I got skunked at pleasant even seeing fish last month.

Plez is just OK at best during the day....n. go out at night and its awesome for #s of fish. We habe had nights where we have shot well over 100 fish at night we over filled 2 55gallon drums

Anyone going out this week? I am not traveling this week so I want to try and get out one evening. ]

Can I get away with a couple of home depot flow lights and a small generator?

I plan to order some LED flood lights so I can have 4-5 on the bow but I still have to rearrange my batteries and figure out how I will mount them. After that I may try and figure out how to setup a higher lookout but that will take time.

Anyway I have a bow and a boat I am dying to get out and figure out how to get started.

Yes the home depot work halogens will be fine! I ran those on my first rig for a long time but now I use 6 - 300 watt halogens and my Honda 2000eu runs them no problem.(just take extra fuel!) As Dom said, plez is usually great at night(shooting 6-8lb carp) and maybe come across a handful over 10lbs. I would try and setup something just to gain a little elevation on the front of your boat. Even a milk crate will make a world of difference in being able to see the fish!

okay thanks! I am going to try and work in something temporary this week.

Are Saguaro or Canyon any good? They are a closer since I am in the east valley.

I personally like Roosevelt. Sag and canyon are slow lakes(not much shooting action) Roosevelt you can find carp on the shorelines every where and a few buffalo here and there. At night youll also find catfish on the shorelines.

okay thanks for the advice! may have to run out to Rosey...

Can you find the carp cruising all summer during the daylight ( early and late) or is that primarily in the spring around March and April? I spend a lot of time on the water, but until this year never paid much attention to the carp I see. Trying to figure out if its too late for good action at Rosie this weekend?

I stop shooting during the day about the end of May. Its just to hot for this white kid at that point! You'll find carp on the shorelines without any problem. The fun is finding the buffalo in open water and shooting some 20+ lb fish! A buddy of mine shot last weekend at night up there and they killed a mess of commons on the shorelines. Let us know how you do!

I may try and make a run out to Rosey tomorrow evening. Any preference on which end of the lake to hit?

Thinking I might try and be out there by 5 or 6 and see how things go for 3-4 hours. I got lights to rig up temporarily and will just stand on a big ice chest for my trial run.

/>Mine can't be mistaken!

And andrew will be the guy in the boat with the daisy dukes with pink thong sticking out......ha

• Like 1

/>

Mine can't be mistaken!

And andrew will be the guy in the boat with the daisy dukes with pink thong sticking out......ha

Ha!! I wouldn't be appropriate to say what you and Corey do with each other aboard shake n bake!! It's everything but fishing!!!

• Like 1