Sign in to follow this  
BigMoqui

Art project

Haven't posted anything in awhile, at least not until a couple days ago. Not sure where to post this so I put it here. This was my first javelina. It's about ten years old and starting to yellow so I thought I'd do something with it that would spruce it up a little bit. It's inspired by the folk art from the Mexican holiday Dia De Los Muertos. I'm no artist by any means. This is the first time I've ever painted anything so be kind.

post-779-0-08596100-1391746707_thumb.jpg

post-779-0-20644200-1391746722_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It is cool you might have started a new trend. What wife would not let that be in the house. It is art

• Like 2

Turned out great. It's funny. Just the other day I pulled my first javelina skull (about 8yrs old) down and noticed the same thing(yellowing and minor cracking). I also painted mine. Not so creative as yours though. I spray painted it copper. Turned out really nice.

Oh yea, good job Mr Artist! I think it turned out great. I saw someone at an art fair that painted antlers southwestern/ Native American style and thought those were cool. I think I have a picture, I'll post it If I can find it. Thanks for sharing your art.

Thanks for all the kind words. I'll let you know when I'm ready to tackle another one Predator.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the kind words. I'll let you know when I'm ready to tackle another one Predator.

Oh yea, good job Mr Artist! I think it turned out great. I saw someone at an art fair that painted antlers southwestern/ Native American style and thought those were cool. I think I have a picture, I'll post it If I can find it. Thanks for sharing your art.

I found the painted antler photo I mentioned. I didn't want to hijack your thread, so I posted it in a new topic under miscellaneous items related to coues deer. Your art work on that javi skull is awesome, thought maybe you'd like to see the antlers for more ideas. ;)