Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Talk to me about AR Slings

I am looking for advice on what to get. I have what came in a package when I purchased a Colt LE6920 but I don't know what to do with it since it is just one long piece.

I would like to get a para-military one that keeps the rifle in front of me and I will be using it on my pig hunt with a frame pack.

I am looking for advice on what to get. I have what came in a package when I purchased a Colt LE6920 but I don't know what to do with it since it is just one long piece.I would like to get a para-military one that keeps the rifle in front of me and I will be using it on my pig hunt with a frame pack.

You need to go to the Wilderness Tactical on Hatcher just east of 19th Ave. They are gun savy and very helpful. Take your AR and your sling. Here's their website

http://www.thewilderness.com/

i had a wilderness sling on my m4 currently but honestly i miss the 3point type i had while i was in the army.

any 3 point from a major brand will do. i think i carried a 3 point black hawk for 13 mo in iraq and never had a complainta(atleast not about the sling)

• Like 1

magpul ms3 sling is a good one. 1 hand adjustable, and quickly converts from 2 point to 1 point.

Also the new v-tac sling from viking tactical.

I like 1 point slings for work, they may move around a bit more than a 3 pt, but theyre easy to put on and transfer between strong and weak handed shooting, I use a noveske QD attachment. Gear sector is the brand I use.

I had the same question for an AR primarily used for predator hunting. Waiting for the rest of the AR to show up in the mail. I was leaning towards a Vtac.

3 point sling is what I rely on every day of the week.

After looking at different types of slings, (that was a job in itself) the three point is what I envisioned. I just didn't know what it was called. Actually I can't imagine wanting to use anything else.

Now, the LE has a place near the recoil pad to add a part for the sling to attach to and it has a metal loop in from of the handguard but it faces down.

I want something I can run the sling through that will attach to the front of the gun and something to the rear that will be 90* to the left from the sights as I'm right handed. So the big question id are these parts readily available in the Valley?

When I was in the Army I used a single point sling that I made from 550 cord, never did like the fancy expensive slings