Sign in to follow this  
JVS

Deer ruttin yet?

Anyone seeing activity out there? I haven't even been out since my rifle hunt! Between work, yeah, some of us work, and fixin' up the house (my second job), I haven't made it out. Someone please nap me and take me hunting! Anyway, I would assume the cold snap a few weeks ago did something for them. Just curious what you all have seen.

no

Saw a buck and a doe together this morning. Both were feeding, buck didn't seem too interested -but he was mature, about 85 inches - so maybe things are heating up...

Sorry didn't have camera with me (if I'd remembered to take it I wouldn't have found any deer!).

I have seen a fue big mule deer here in the northland that are all swolen up and pushing herds of does. Things are looking up! ;)

Lance

I finally got a chance to go out! Saw 34 does and fawns this morning. Only one buck! and he was alone. Nothing going on out there. I bet this storm coming in will pick things up. I know where to find the bucks next week...right in with those 34 does and fawns!

Not happening in 23 yet, at least the lower elevations, got out with azonecam yesterday and saw 30 deer all but 2 were does, and the bucks were very young spikes. One spike thought he was interested but the ladies would have no part in it.

I was out on Monday & watched a couple herds of does all morning, hoping a buck would show. No luck though. Heading out tonight & tomorrow. Hopefully I'll see some activity this time.

WT- Saw 4 bucks on Tues. morning no rutting activity. 3 bucks on Wed. morning no rutting... stalk blown

CARP-Watched 18 does this morning no bucks. Badger took a broadhead but made it inside his hole. I wasn't stupid enough to reach down in there.

Down in 36a yesterday watching mulies and whitetails. One whitetail buck was with 2 does but really not concerned about them kinda doing his own thing. Also saw a good number of muley bucks but none were with does except for a couple of spikes. On a side not I saw the biggest freak I have ever glassed up. He was a 7x2 with a droptine (sorry no pics to far away with very very little light)

Down in 36a yesterday watching mulies and whitetails. One whitetail buck was with 2 does but really not concerned about them kinda doing his own thing. Also saw a good number of muley bucks but none were with does except for a couple of spikes. On a side not I saw the biggest freak I have ever glassed up. He was a 7x2 with a droptine (sorry no pics to far away with very very little light)

younhunter, Heard you and the hunter over radio talking about that buck, I was across the street in 36B. Did you find him again on Saturday?

Also it is very inoportant to know where your hunter is when you are the man on the glass. Trust me I been there to many times. Good luck

Reddog