Well I will be needing something for my upcoming antelope hunt ! ! !

• Like 1

Just found out I drew a ml goat tag also. I am going to try a vortex diamondback 4-12 with bdc in it ( just because I have 3 laying around). I know the holdovers will not be even numbers, but who cares I will figure out where they hit with a 200 yard zero and go from there! Will let you know how it works! 19a here I come

• Like 1

Just found out I drew a ml goat tag also. I am going to try a vortex diamondback 4-12 with bdc in it ( just because I have 3 laying around). I know the holdovers will not be even numbers, but who cares I will figure out where they hit with a 200 yard zero and go from there! Will let you know how it works! 19a here I come

Muzzleloader scopes are designed specifically for the recoil of that type of weapon. Typically, this means giving the shooter greater eye relief. Vortex is already notorious for giving the absolute minimum eye relief of just about any scope manufacturer, so be careful the first time you pull that trigger using a riflescope on a muzzleloader.

I have the Omega, and I also have the $75 Cabelas Powderhorn BDC. I like them both very much and have never had a problem holding zero or seeing a critter out to 200 yards in low light.

Another vote for the Leupold Ultimate Slam. They really did a great job matching that scope to modern muzzle loaders. Have one on my Knight long range hunter, and absolutely love it.

I have also been looking to upgrade my ML scope. I will be deciding between the Nikon inline and the Leupold Ultmate Slam. After looking through them side by side Leupold is defiantly the better quality scope as stated before. Nikon has the spot on aiming calculator with preprogramed bullets, sabots and powder charges for accurate ranges at each magnification. It will be a tough call clarity and quality vs easier aiming system. With less than $100 difference money is not a factor.

Here's a thought, why not use use iron sights like our fore-fathers did?

Isn't a hunt with a sense of anachronism the intent behind the ml season?

Certain to have my head handed to me for such an outrageous concept.

• Like 1

/>Here's a thought, why not use use iron sights like our fore-fathers did?

As long as you only use a spear or longbow for archery season.

• Like 1

/> Here's a thought, why not use use iron sights like our fore-fathers did?

As long as you only use a spear or longbow for archery season.

LOL that's the spirit, and I do use a longbow, but would probably have better success with a spear.

/>Here's a thought, why not use use iron sights like our fore-fathers did?

The reason I apply for muzzleloader hunts is to improve draw odds, not for an anachronistic experience. When I want a primitive weapon experience I bow hunt. In this case the experience I was seeking was the experience of wrapping my tag around a big black antelope cutter. I don't think anybody would hand you your head for anything you said, but some might suggest you start a new thread where you can setup your soap box instead of hijacking an existing one. To each his own, good luck and many props to you for doing it the hard way.

• Like 3

Thanks and good luck to you too.

Has anybody used the Bushnell Trophy DOA? It's got great reviews and half the price of the ultimate slam.