Sign in to follow this  
coatimundi01

Stabilizer setups

Good grief Jack!! Hope I'll shoot that well at 40!

In case anyone is looking/waiting/sick to death of the backorder status, Eders Archery has the Bee Stinger Side Bar Adjustable Elite mount in stock for $81. There were 2 left this afternoon...

There's only one left now cuz I bought the other one :P

http://www.eders.com/products/b-stinger-side-mount-adjustable-elite-black.html

As much as I like having all my stuff match, I saw a Shrewd side bar mount with quick disconnect that seemed to be an upgrade for a good price. I think I'll go that route when I try a side bar.

I just bit the bullet and upgraded to the fuse blades a 15" front and a 10" rear.

Those setups look like they would get heavy while hunting. Are these 3D / target setups, or actual hunting setups?

• Like 1

Mine is my actual hunting set-up, that I also shoot for 3D's. Sure it's a bit heavier, but you get used to carrying it pretty quick. For the stabilization you get on windy days in the field, I have no problem carrying the extra weight.

Heavy holds steadier. The farther you can move the weight from the bow the better it resist rotational forces. We work hard for shot opportunities, a bow that holds steady helps me capitalize on the few I get.

• Like 1

Finally found some time to get things installed and do some shooting. Holy one-hole-groups, Batman!

Just getting started playing with weights to find the right combination but with everything installed as it comes in the package, its pretty dang good. Thanks for everyone's help, the difference is dramatic and well worth the time and expense.

photo-38.jpg

Finally got my Fuse Blade Bars on and going.

Mathews Prestige

15" front bar w/ 8 oz freestyle weight

10" rear bar w/ 17 oz freestyle weight on a riser mount with quick

disconnectpost-1816-0-62392400-1401946992_thumb.jpg

post-1816-0-46978000-1401947060_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I finally upgraded my bow with a 9.5 in doinker dish.

post-3998-0-10373500-1402410124_thumb.jpg

Stokerized Ss1 is a side/back bar, right?

It mounts to the front where a stabilizer normally mounts but the mount is an arm that holds the stabilizer out to the side and front of your bow. It fully adjustable. Front to back adjustment. Left to right. You can add weights.It'll perfectly balance your bow especially @ full draw with a loaded quiver if set up properly. Im setting up a new hunting bow. I was gunna put a beestinger on it but did a little research and the ss1 seems to fit the agenda for hunting. No crazy side bar to deal with or get in yhe way. Hope that helps. Do a YouTube search on it. Plenty of video from ATA show explaining the product. Or go to Ross Outdoors and try one on your rig. The guys will be sure to help you out.

I started with the rubber doinker which did nothing more for me than hold my wrist sling in place. Then went to 6" beestinger bought off a cwt member. I noticed a slight improvement. 2 weeks ago I bought the Beestinger QD to add an extra inch and allow me to pull off stab when in my bag. While at the range I was able to snap on a 10" beestinger one of the other guys I shoot with had. Wow, did that pin hold steady! I came home and ordered one right away. $65 off of amazon. I'll be doing some trial and error to see how much weight I put out front. Will post pics once everything is dialed in.

I haven't started shooting with a loaded quiver yet, so I'll have to see if I realy want to add a sidebar.