Sign in to follow this  
coatimundi01

Stabilizer setups

any bar will work with their qd's and mounts

That's good news seeing as how just about everything through Bee Stinger is back ordered, some items through June.

Once again, thanks Robert.

On my Elite Answer:

10" Bstinger with 8oz out front

6" Bstinger with 4oz for my side bar

So how are these bars mounted to your bow? I'm looking at the mounting options from BS and it appears I can either go with their Elite QD mount which features QD mounts front and side on the same unit OR run the standard QD mount which looks like it requires the addition of a single QD mount for the front. Not even sure if what I just typed made sense but I can see it in my mind...

Can you post a pic?

You bet. I will post pics tonight when I get home for you.

I have Xtreme Stabilization 18" Stab and a 10" offset bar. They are made by 60X Custom Strings and are a 1/3 the price of the Bee Stinger and other bars. I am running 6oz out front and 10oz to the side.

1982348_446316782167017_1737139152_n.jpg

• Like 1

12" B Stinger front with 12 oz and 8" B stinger rear/side with 14oz

A good Starting point is: Length of front bar x Weight on front bar, divided by lenght of rear bar.

Here is a great article on stabilization: http://www.archerylearningcenter.archerylive.com/images/stories/articles/stabilizers-archery-02-10.pdf

wow never looked at it like that, but it makes total sence.

Yeah, the front stab rests nicely against my arm while hiking, and a nocked arrow sticks out further than the stab. The setup really helps on windy days I am able to hold dead steady.

Dude, thanks a ton. Great looking rig!

So, what side mount is that? I just ordered the QD adjustable side mount, 2 bars got front/side, and a QD for the front bar. All but the mount itself has shipped, the mount is a week and a half out.

Dude, thanks a ton. Great looking rig!

So, what side mount is that? I just ordered the QD adjustable side mount, 2 bars got front/side, and a QD for the front bar. All but the mount itself has shipped, the mount is a week and a half out.

Thanks!

My side bar mount is the standard mount, I added a quick disconnect (QD) to it. They didn't offer the QD mount when I originally bought mine. I added the QD to it later, and got a little more length out of the side bar without buying another stabilizer.

You will love it! You really have to play with a ton of different settings to get the most out of it. I knew mine was good to go when I could draw and anchor with my eyes closed, and the bubble was dead on. Recoil felt great with no jump side to side. Your bow will obviously be a little heavier, but you have to remember you are adding another stabilizer to it so it should be. Heavy bows stabilize better for me. You can keep the light ones that get blown around in the slightest wind.

My Mathews Reezen 6.5 10" front with 8" side bar, love the way it looks and feels.

post-2501-0-80900500-1397841834_thumb.jpg

post-2501-0-59438600-1397841864_thumb.jpg

Got the new SS1 from Stokerized and its the 9" offset model...holds straight up and doesn't lean with the tightspot quiver installed...

post-3204-0-74989900-1397867769_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

10" Bee Stinger came in today along with the 6" side bar and QD attachment. Can't believe I'm hanging a half pound 11" off the front of my bow. But, the proof is in the pudding! Last photo is 20yds in gusty conditions. The one flyer seems to be consistently off the pace, I'm gonna have to pull that belligerent turd and un-butt its head.

photo2-4-1.jpg

photo1-4-1.jpg

photo-23-1.jpg

Watching Eders Archery for when they have the complete mount in stock then I'll start playing with the side bar. For now though, the difference is dramatic. Unreal how steady the bow is.

• Like 1

Just got the 8" bee stinger last week...super happy with it...groups tightened up...this was 40 yards

20140419_124129_zpsb2d2f06a.jpg

• Like 1