Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

Any reviews on pelican coolers?

No but the $245 price tag at Costco has me wanting one! Being Pelican I would assume it is of atleast decent quality.

They are awesome! I have had mine for a year and a half.

Only regret I wish the brown one had been out instead of the white!

I kept food in there for 12 days and the ice was still there!

• Like 1

It's not that . Just a lot of folks don't know about pelican.

I did my research and found out about it!

I take it on every hunting trip it's awesome.

I have one of the smaller Pelican coolers ( 45 qt. I think ), that I received as a gift. I'm very happy with mine and have had no problems with it in the year and a half that I've had it. It keeps ice for a long time as long as you keep it in the shade. I'm not sure how the plastic latches will hold up a few years from now, but so far so good. The only advantage the yeti might have is that the rubber latches stretch and would keep some tension on the seal of the lid. The Pelican uses a latch that closes well, but doesn't seem like there's much tension on the lid seal. Maybe it doesn't matter much, it's just something I've noticed, and I don't have a Yeti to compare it to. Hope that helps a little.

Which Costco are you guys going to? I just stopped in at the one buy sportsmans in Phoenix and all they had was a 35 quart for $200 And SAMs club had a 45 quart for $205

/>

go coleman, haha

haha! I've been die hard Coleman my entire life until someone sat on my last one (135qt I think?) the lid warped and never sealed right. It did hold ice for 5 days last deer season but it was sub freezing at night. I have a smaller 18 packer coleman that does great for frozen food up to 7 days if its in the shade. I'm lookin for my LAST cooler! If it's possible.