Sign in to follow this  
5guyshunting

remington 700 sendero

I dont know if this will help but my dad shots a 25-06 sendero it flat drives tacks and I shot a 22-250 and it is the same. The bolts are smooth and trigger is crisp. Now it will not be one that you carry all day everyday.

I bought one last year. I'm still fine tuning my load, but on my first load work up I'm under 1/2 moa at 200 yards.

What caliber are you shooting?

I am working on my Sendero in 7 mag. Put a Jewell trigger on it. Fine shooting rifle. I am not quite at 1/2 moa for 200 yds yet. Need to find the right load still.

• Like 1

Senderos are shooters for sure, great factory rifle but they are a TANK to carry around if your up for it. I don't own one but have friends that do.

My cousin has one in 300 RUM and it is the main reason I built one in that caliber. It is a great rifle that is a lot of fun to shoot. They are heavy but that is part of the reason they are so accurate.

Sendero is a great rifle. 300 RUM is a bad choice in caliber though. if you want a 30 cal stick with the 300 win mag.

/>Sendero is a great rifle. 300 RUM is a bad choice in caliber though. if you want a 30 cal stick with the 300 win mag.

Bad choice? What? I'll have to completely disagree with you on that note but I'd like to hear your reasoning behind it.

• Like 1

Lol I would love to hear your reasons as well average Joe. As a matter of fact my brother has a sendero in 300 ultra. Its lights out as far as it can reach. Insane accuracy and energy. Will be the next caliber I purchase. Cramerhunts when you get tired of yours I'll gladly take it off your hands lol

He's probably going to compare jump in powder used and recoil vs the slight velocity gain of the standard cartridges and he's right... allot more powder and pain for not much gain, but the gain is there. That being said, there's a RUM in my safe.

/> Sendero is a great rifle. 300 RUM is a bad choice in caliber though. if you want a 30 cal stick with the 300 win mag.

Bad choice? What? I'll have to completely disagree with you on that note but I'd like to hear your reasoning behind it.

The 300 rum only has one advantage over the 300 win mag. Shoots bullets faster. That is where the advantage ends. the 300 win mag is easier to shoot, barrel life is triple if not quadruple that of a 300 RUM. You might be lucky to get 600-700 rds out a RUM. Look up 308nuts (Michael Eichelle on long range hunting) borescope findings regarding the RUM and the one of the reasons I say it is a poor choice. the 300 win mag will take your game to the 1000 yd line with no problem. The 300 rum can extend that range a bit if needed. The 300 RUM needs to be braked. The 300 win mag doesnt.

To shoot heavy bullets long range, one would be better off stepping up to the 338 range. The 300 rum is just too harsh on barrels and in reality only gives you 100-200 fps more than the win mag. And that comes with 10-20 grains more powder. Efficiency of the RUM is very low because of this.

If someone is truly has the need for speed and cant be satisfied with 300 win mag speeds, by all means go for the 300 RUM. That is the only advantage and IMO not worth burning barrels and extra powder to do so.

Those are good reasons and I can appreciate them. You have to ask what it is you are after and how you use the rifle. I myself get a load dialed in and shoot just enough to stay in good form and confident through out the year so barrel life isn't a big concern of mine. The speed and ability to push heavy bullets are my main reason for going with the RUM. And it's just a lot of fun to shoot IMHO.

Sorry for the thread derailing. The sendero is a sweet rifle that shoots great out of the box and doesn't take much to make it even better.

• Like 2

Kinetic Energy= .5(Mass)(Velocity)^2 RUM has more Energy down range because it has a higher velocity; if one thinks he or she needs more Ke, either bump up the mass or the speed, this is the only option.